Keeping it Light

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
Snape
Bailiff

Re: Keeping it Light

Post by Snape »

The Sweetcorn Kid wrote:Yes, they are called Spinshot hooks sold by Harrison Sportsmail if anyone is looking for some.
I meant to put the link
https://www.agmdiscountfishing.co.uk/ad ... &x=14&y=12
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

I bought some in size 1 or was it 1/0 and although I've yet to catch on the method, the hooks look just right for the job. I think 6/0 would burst my maggots though.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Thanks Smallscale, I knew there was a solution somewhere :Hahaha:

Rod
Grayling

Post by Rod »

I think we have all seen what we call large hooks, I very rarely use anything bigger than a 12, and have caught a few carp with size 4 and above, left in them, and they always look like bloody gaffs to me. :surrender:
An old man, who's only pleasure left in life, is sitting by some water, fiddling with his maggots?

Vole
Rainbow Trout

Post by Vole »

If it was the Coventry canal, Jeff Hatt ( member "Moving Shadow", I believe) or one of his readers may have been a-zandering...http://idlersquest.blogspot.co.uk/ (25th Oct. post).

Some of the short-shanked, splined, beak-pointed sea hooks are almost circles, and pretty sure to give a good, easily unhookable hold, or a clean miss, so there's a chance that it isn't all bad news.
"Write drunk, edit sober" - Hemingway.
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”