Bernard Sealey Hook to Nylon Packets.

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

Bernard Sealey Hook to Nylon Packets.

Post by AshbyCut »

I was unaware that Bernard Sealey (Precision Rods) also sold terminal tackle like this until I was sent these two small packets, one containing the hook (badly corroded, sadly) as a free gift with an Edgar Sealey leaflet which arrived this morning. The hook is a size 14 with a '5x' hook link. A lovely gesture from the vendor :-

"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Wagtail
Arctic Char

Re: Bernard Sealey Hook to Nylon Packets.

Post by Wagtail »

'Tied with pure silk to nylon' - does that mean they where whipped on?
'The Chub is a very controversial fish. He has a strong army of supporters, but he has an almost equally strong army of detractors. The trouble is that the detractors do not know what they are talking about'. L. Vernon-Bates

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Wagtail wrote:'Tied with pure silk to nylon' - does that mean they where whipped on?
That's certainly how it appears under a magnifying glass, Sir ... though the hook is very corroded in places. Interestingly, it's neither spade nor eye ended, but is straight shanked !
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

The answer is on the packet, "Serrated non-slip shank". But what a to-do, whipping each hook onto a length of line, some poor person had to do that all day long.

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”