Some more lures-

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
Olly
Wild Carp

Re: Some more lures-

Post by Olly »

In fact first made in 1932 - and they are called Spook because of their translucent appearance.

John Milford

Post by John Milford »

Spot on Olly :Thumb:

Looking at the jointed minnow pictured in the original post, it has the wrong kind of diving vane to be a CCP. My guess would be one of the many Japanese copies most dealers stocked. Perhaps even one of these:

Although copies, many of these plugs were of reasonable quality and good catchers. A plug just like the above, but in perch-pattern, still holds my record for the fasted pike capture I have made. I must have cast it straight onto a stalking pike 's nose - the only way it could have taken the plug quicker would have been if it had leapt out of the water and caught it in mid air!

The Abu plug pictured is a 'Cello Dip'. These were a collaboration between Abu and Burke lures in the USA, who sold the same plug in their domestic market as the 'Big Dig'

John Milford

Post by John Milford »

FabianFred wrote:. . . . . . . . I never saw one for sale until one day I was returning to Cambridge from a trip to a large shop with stocks of American lures on the Norfolk Broads. . . . . .
Ken Latham's at Potter Higham by any chance?

Gord
Crucian Carp

Post by Gord »

if that cc lure is six inches it could be a jointed husky pikie minnow it was made in plastic from 1964-1978,its just a thought as i am no expert
when you are going through hell just keep on going (winston churchill)

John Milford

Post by John Milford »

It must be 25 years since I last set foot in there, but it was like Aladdin's cave to lure anglers in it's heyday
Heddon, Creek Chub, Homer le Blanc, Lazy Ike, Helin . . . . they all seemed so exotic back then. :Cool:

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”