Not seen one like this before

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
Wagtail
Arctic Char

Not seen one like this before

Post by Wagtail »

Found in the local 'vintage shop' was a little tin containing two floats. One is a celluloid float that does not have the usual crimped bottom end, but instead has a twist arrangement a bit like a Tay Wire. I've not seen one like this before, not even in Hooked on Floats, and wonder if anybody has got any information about it?

'The Chub is a very controversial fish. He has a strong army of supporters, but he has an almost equally strong army of detractors. The trouble is that the detractors do not know what they are talking about'. L. Vernon-Bates

Robbi
Tench

Re: Not seen one like this before

Post by Robbi »

I've never seen one before but I wonder if you twist the float onto the line, that would set the depth.
"In the back roads by the rivers of my memory"

John Milford

Re: Not seen one like this before

Post by John Milford »

Chances are it will be by Percy Wadham as he was an amazingly innovative manufacturer.

If Jeff Della Mura hasn't seen one with that interesting spiral connector it must be very rare - a great find!

I have a real soft spot for celluloid floats and as most are still relatively cheap and easy to find on fleabay, I've got quite a collection - and enough duplicates and spares to fish with them too.

[url=http://s182..com/user/milfoj/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_10.jpg.html]Image[/url]

These last few are probably French - I think imported by Milbro:

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”