Homers Floats.

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
Fredline
Tench

Homers Floats.

Post by Fredline »

These Homers floats from way back are very often missing the bone plug line retainer. I have a friend who makes scale model Panzer tanks----------don't ask. I told him of the problem and he offered to make some for me. A quick sand up and they were ready to go. Image Image
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Nobby
Wild Carp

Re: Homers Floats.

Post by Nobby »

That's a design I've not seen before, though a bit reminiscent of some French styles.

The first running water float I made was hollow and the buoyancy rather changed as the day went on and the water found its way up from the bottom......

Do you have any idea what period they are from...1920's maybe?

It rather looks as though your pal has cast those retainers? Bravo!!!

Fredline
Tench

Re: Homers Floats.

Post by Fredline »

Hi Nobby, you are spot on with the date and the process. 10 house points for Gryffindor. They are cork around a hollow celluloid stem. The line is threaded down through the centre core and nipped in place with the bone (or Panzer inspired) plug, now forever known as "Panzers Pegs". Thanks Jeff Della Mura for the name. They are listed in the catalogue as "Thames Style".
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”