Mystery Float

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
Wagtail
Arctic Char

Mystery Float

Post by Wagtail »

Do any of you Gents recognise this float?

It is a whopping 10 1/2 inches long, with a porcupine quill stem and painted cork body. It might be home-made, but it seems to ring a bell with me though I can't find where I've seen one (or anything similar) before. Any information or opinions welcome!

'The Chub is a very controversial fish. He has a strong army of supporters, but he has an almost equally strong army of detractors. The trouble is that the detractors do not know what they are talking about'. L. Vernon-Bates

Paul F
Sea Trout

Re: Mystery Float

Post by Paul F »

Allcocks retailed similar porcupine cork floats but not that big, also as it has no whipping to the top & bottom an the colour I would suggest it is home made

Wagtail
Arctic Char

Post by Wagtail »

Thanks Pafpuff :Hat:
'The Chub is a very controversial fish. He has a strong army of supporters, but he has an almost equally strong army of detractors. The trouble is that the detractors do not know what they are talking about'. L. Vernon-Bates

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

It's difficult to be sure from a photograph, but the colours look very much like those used by Allcocks.
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”