New avons for the year ahead

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
Match Aerial
Arctic Char

Re: New avons for the year ahead

Post by Match Aerial »

Thanks Wal

I have noticed on faster water they look to be more stable,they fish more upright and don't tend to lean as much as the cane stem variety.
Also when they hit the water its an instant fishing float,they set straight away. I think some off this must enhance bite detection as its more directly in line with the hook. That's what I think anyways

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Re: New avons for the year ahead

Post by Wallys-Cast »

That's it exactly MA, I fish the Tees where the water can run at a real fast pace and I've often noticed the more buoyant stemmed floats can be almost laid on their sides with the speed of the water unless using a big chubber of course. The bites are quite often mistaken for the float simply righting itself but often resulted in deep hooked Grayling which can be a nightmare to unhook.

I have found the wire stemmed floats register the bite instantly and the thicker top gives me a much better view of the float as it travels 40 or 50 yards downstream where it can then be held back and the bites can then be felt in the rod tip, where a simple lift of the rod tip gives the desired result everytime.

Wal.

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”