Traditional Float

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
Barbulus
Tench

Traditional Float

Post by Barbulus »

Just in the final process of packing crates here in preparation for a house move and, among the various bits of "flotsum and jetsum" that has collected in various corners and cupboards over the years, I found this....... I can assure you it is absolutely authentic...... its one of CY's floats from a couple of years ago. As you can see, it is what might be termed "functional". A piece of cut down quill and a painted red tip......... it goes to prove that floats have a purpose for each type of fishing need and individual preference......

Davejass
Rudd

Re: Traditional Float

Post by Davejass »

That looks like one of my efforts!!
Dave@ Hastings

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Horrible but lovely if you know what I mean? Trust Chris made it? (term used loosely!) :Hat:

Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Post by Harry H »

They are ment to be functional, does it float? :Chuckle: Lucky man :mrgreen:
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Chris Bettis
Crucian Carp

Post by Chris Bettis »

I suggest that it will work as well as the most super crafted floats we see so often on this Site. I have a lot like that, mainly Goose Quills, top colour from a marker pen, no bottom ring no whippings,no varnish, not pleasing in appearance but very pleasing in disappearance!

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”