Float allsorts

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
Santiago
Wild Carp

Re: Float allsorts

Post by Santiago »

Stuart, if you have Billy Lane's book, the encyclopedia of float fishing, there's lots of information on how to use these floats in there.
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Stuart Whiting

Post by Stuart Whiting »

Duebel wrote:Hi Stuart,

do you own a copy of Billy Lane's Encyclopedia of float fishing? There's a chaptre about the Trent Trotter.

I haven't mastered the backshotting pattern yet but I'm still working on it. But even without this backshot the Trent Trotter is a very useable little float for shallow water. It cought me the first fish of this year's season - a lovely little brown trout.

Greetings from Bamberg (where I call it Regnitz Trotter)

Martin
Hi Martin,

Yea mate I did actually have a copy of his book a good few years back , I only had it for a few weeks and then foolishly lent the book out and never got it back and the last I heard was that the fella had moved to France, so me book could be anywhere :Confused:

There has been times where I have back shotted with stick floats but in truth if there's a strong down stream wind for example I'd eaither use a heavier stick or probably change over to the wag.

If you've ever listened to Dave Harrell when he trots any river system he simply doesn't bother with the back shot, he'd rather do what I've just mentioned above :Thumb:

Cheers Martin,

All the best

Stuart

Stuart Whiting

Post by Stuart Whiting »

Santiago wrote:Stuart, if you have Billy Lane's book, the encyclopedia of float fishing, there's lots of information on how to use these floats in there.
Hi Trev,

I did have his book, but unfortunately lent it out and sadly never got it back, I never even got to read it :Cry:

I'll have to see if I can get another copy :Thumb:

All the best

Stuart

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”