What colour floats do you prefer?

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
JAA

Re: What colour floats do you prefer?

Post by JAA »

STUART WHITING wrote:For high banks and with heavy foliage and diffused light levels I've often found that Fluorescent yellow is more visible,:
Interesting that. For me it's the worst colour, I never paint floats with it any more. Eyes differ it seems. :Hat:

AllRounder
Brown Trout

Post by AllRounder »

Yellow or black for me I've always struggled to see red for some reason

Stuart Whiting

Post by Stuart Whiting »

JAA wrote:
STUART WHITING wrote:For high banks and with heavy foliage and diffused light levels I've often found that Fluorescent yellow is more visible,:
Interesting that. For me it's the worst colour, I never paint floats with it any more. Eyes differ it seems. :Hat:
You'd be surprised at how many people see colours in different shades and light levels and then you've got colour blindness,

I can obviously see reds and orange but find that a lot of the time I can see yellow a lot easier :Hat:

WickerFlicker
Stickleback

Post by WickerFlicker »

Traditionally I've always gone for red against shadow and black on a reflectionless surface but I've recently started to make my own floats and went in a slightly different direction.

I used 'scarlet' for the red tips which, being quite dull, does the job which black would have previously done...

I've replaced the red for fishing against shadow with yellow which I find much easier to see...

I've recently made a couple of larger pike bobbers and went for orange as I find it's the best across the range and I was too lazy to do them in both colours...

Mind you, with my eyes I've all on finding the laptop these days never mind watching a float :doh:

Richard Jackson
Brown Trout

Post by Richard Jackson »

Beautiul floats,i especially like the 'scarlet' floats :Hat:
I spend most of my life fishing the Rest i just waste

JAA

Post by JAA »

WickerFlicker wrote:Traditionally I've always gone for red against shadow and black on a reflectionless surface but I've recently started to make my own floats and went in a slightly different direction.

I used 'scarlet' for the red tips which, being quite dull, does the job which black would have previously done...

I love this colour, the best looking I think, but I don't find very effective compared with some.

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

a nice red tip

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”