"How to Catch Fish" lure 'book' - box

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
Wagtail
Arctic Char

"How to Catch Fish" lure 'book' - box

Post by Wagtail »

Amongst of a job-lot of tackle was this interesting item, made by Lucky Strike lures of Canada. The lures look almost unused even though the outer box has seen better days. I can't see a date on it anywhere but I guess it is possibly 1960's or 1970's - unless of course anyone knows differently :read:

'The Chub is a very controversial fish. He has a strong army of supporters, but he has an almost equally strong army of detractors. The trouble is that the detractors do not know what they are talking about'. L. Vernon-Bates

Wagtail
Arctic Char

Re: "How to Catch Fish" lure 'book' - box

Post by Wagtail »

Just found out the following from a contact who knows more than 'a thing or two' about lures....

"The 'book' came in two sizes and was designed as a gift box to hold three lures of the buyers choice. I'm guessing yours is the smaller version, and dates from the 1950's"
'The Chub is a very controversial fish. He has a strong army of supporters, but he has an almost equally strong army of detractors. The trouble is that the detractors do not know what they are talking about'. L. Vernon-Bates

Scott
Tench

Post by Scott »

Wow! That's an amazing find. Will you use them?

Wagtail
Arctic Char

Post by Wagtail »

Scott wrote:Wow! That's an amazing find. Will you use them?
I doubt it Scott, they have survived this long (about 60 years!) so it would be a pity to lose or damage one of the lures and break up the set.

TBH I might end up selling the set, but haven't decided whether to or not. If I get a bigger display unit for my vintage stuff I'll keep it... of course it's a big IF I can get away with a bigger unit :whistle:

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”