Batch of Mainly Quills

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
Stingray
Grayling

Batch of Mainly Quills

Post by Stingray »

A recent old tackle batch included this lot - the original owner obviously liked quills, a few other interesting models there too - I quite like the bare bones look of most of them -

A few nice old disgorgers as well - I do like the two duraluminium ones- others must agree as the type is still popular today -

Paul D

Re: Batch of Mainly Quills

Post by Paul D »

A nice haul, particularly like the fifth from right, is that cork?. :Hat:

Stingray
Grayling

Post by Stingray »

Paul D wrote:A nice haul, particularly like the fifth from right, is that cork?. :Hat:

Well spotted - that one is particularly nice - balsa I think.

The only one that is named is the blue one on the right "Britannia - Dick Clegg".

Match Aerial
Arctic Char

Post by Match Aerial »

The 5th one from the right is very similar to my own "slim avons"

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

Such a versatile float material is the quill in all its guises, as can be found on the forum. It is lovely to find a little group of items to have a look through and discover some gems. I like the disgorgers and some have names impressed or embossed down the stems as well, but I have found them to be a bit thin on the ground. Smashing group of items found :Thumb:

Stingray
Grayling

Post by Stingray »

Reedling wrote:Such a versatile float material is the quill in all its guises, as can be found on the forum. It is lovely to find a little group of items to have a look through and discover some gems. I like the disgorgers and some have names impressed or embossed down the stems as well, but I have found them to be a bit thin on the ground. Smashing group of items found :Thumb:

:Hat:

It is certainly a great thing when we buy a bunch of tackle based on maybe the reels it includes and we find that the floats or flies etc that we weren't paying much attention to are well worth it as well.

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”