Jaw dropping floats

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
Lab72

Re: Jaw dropping floats

Post by Lab72 »

George387 wrote:seems I've offended a few people by my comments? Apologies this was not my intentions, now, or then and the post has been edited.
Really ?? :shocked:

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Can you enlighten us George? In the dark here a bit as we can't seem to see what you may have done wrong?
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Perhaps the post has been totally removed? I can't see anything.

Davyr

Post by Davyr »

Second post in the thread - from memory, I think George merely suggested that some people liked "arty" floats and others didn't. Nothing there for anyone to be offended by!

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Nothing amended by the mods, and if it is what you say davyr, I don't see any harm at all..
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Davyr

Post by Davyr »

Looks as though George amended his own post, after receiving some grief via email. Hope it hasn't put him off. Come back, George!

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Post by GarryProcter »

I too hope that you will not stop posting George. I've just started making floats again after many years (nothing special, just for my own use) and I've found your Internet forum posts and your blog extremely useful, interesting, and inspirational. And I must say that 'arty' floats do little for me - nothing wrong wit them of course, I just don't like them very much.

Pentonhook
Dace

Post by Pentonhook »

George, was this a tongue in cheek reference to a recent ebay listing of
a perch bobber, made by a man (who has supplied many member's with silk,
agate ring's etc) that someone took offence to?

George387
Crucian Carp

Post by George387 »

Pentonhook wrote:George, was this a tongue in cheek reference to a recent ebay listing of
No mate it wasn't, someone contacted me via email and made accusations about what I had written in my post, because they had taken it in the wrong context.
I amended the post and seems that wasn't good enough either and got further abuse so I basically told the person to go and **ck themselves, which took a lot of doing as I'm a mellow guy, I have got far more serious things to worry about than what he was accusing me of.
Brown Trout maybe Beautiful But Grayling are Gorgeous. "Lets Tackle Cancer" Supporter
The Flee & Float

Lab72

Post by Lab72 »

George387 wrote:
Pentonhook wrote:George, was this a tongue in cheek reference to a recent ebay listing of
No mate it wasn't, someone contacted me via email and made accusations about what I had written in my post, because they had taken it in the wrong context.
I amended the post and seems that wasn't good enough either and got further abuse so I basically told the person to go and **ck themselves, which took a lot of doing as I'm a mellow guy, I have got far more serious things to worry about than what he was accusing me of.
Blimey thats mad someone e mailing you about a post ! some folk need to lighten up :hat:

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”