Abu lures

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Abu lures

Post by Ljm183 »

Part of a joblot, all unused, from the early 70,s
Abu and one Gudebrod

Unnamed

LuckyLuca
Barbel

Re: Abu lures

Post by LuckyLuca »

"Hens teeth" springs to mind!
Lovely things to find unused. The two little ones at the bottom really caught my eye! Perch lures?
I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

They love lovely ljm. :thumb:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Caractacus Potts
Roach

Post by Caractacus Potts »

Luckyluca wrote:"Hens teeth" springs to mind!
Lovely things to find unused. The two little ones at the bottom really caught my eye! Perch lures?
Unusual little things with dorsal fins, aren't they. Can't say I know them at all.

Davyr

Post by Davyr »

Caractacus Potts wrote: Unusual little things with dorsal fins, aren't they. Can't say I know them at all.
The body shape suggests they might belong to the sub-genre known as "jerkbaits", but I've never seen any quite like them either.

Caractacus Potts
Roach

A bit small and early for jerkbaits, I would have thought. They are more a North American thing than Swedish, but who knows.

Davyr

Post by Davyr »

Those are in the "un-named" batch, so I suspect they're neither Swedish or from the 1970s! I'll ask a mate who knows about such things and see if he recognises them.

Caractacus Potts
Roach

Ah, many apologies ! You could be right then as the bigger plug on the left above them with the X-Ray bones looks like a Heddon lure, so they could well be American as well.

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

It,s only the Abu,s that are from the early 70,s ,they have the price on the box in pre decimal and decimal,
The two green one,s in the middle of the second photo have made in norway stamped on them the rest have nothing

Scott Thompson

Post by Scott Thompson »

The 2 bottom ones look like a lure that was called the 'Klatter Kat' it should rattle if you shake it, i bought one of these in about 76 i've no idea how or if it works as i lost it first cast!!! There were several companys making this type of lure, i remember the Klatter Kat because i saved up to buy one and then to loose it instantly still grieves me 35+yrs later.

The yellow one above them is a copy of the Heddon River Runt and the top one is from the same company, both were sold in Woolworths.
The 2 green pirk type lures are ABU copies again possibly from Woolworths.

The other with the cut away jaw i've seen them before but just cant put my finger on what they are or what they are copies of.

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”