Pre-tied hooks to nylon.

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
Richie
Roach

Re: Pre-tied hooks to nylon.

Post by Richie »

Beryl wrote:I tie dries and nymphs down to #24 but in controlled conditions. I buy hooks for coarse fishing in those little packs that cost a couple of quid. Once used they get stored on a bit of pipe lagging with a matchstick to fix the loop end to. I don't like doing critical stuff on the bank.
That's a rather good idea "mind if I pinch it " :Happy:
The laughing Hyena he drives me crackers would he laugh so much if I cut off his knackers.

Mark_N
Bleak

Post by Mark_N »

I use both....

I have some packs of hooks to nylon in my short session bag and a much larger selection of eyed and spades along with different strengths of line in my "big" bag. I also pre tie rigs, and I use pole winders to store them on.
There are 2 types of people in this world.... those that "get" fishing .... and those that don't

Stathamender
Tench

Post by Stathamender »

I do all three. Can't manage anything smaller than 16 myself these days, not so much my eyes (I've got a fly vice plus magnifying glass) but rather losing sensitivity in my fingertips. I use a one inch wide strip of foam, insert the hook, wind the length round and secure the loop with a map pin. Fits in a compartment of my tackle box. Here in France it's easy to get pre-tied hooks to fluorocarbon and I use those a lot but I do agree about the difficulty of unwrapping them so I tend to do that before I go down to the water and mount those on foam too.
Iain

What is your favourite word?
I suspect it could be “love”, despite its drawbacks in the rhyming department.
Björn Ulvaeus

Stathamender
Tench

Post by Stathamender »

Stathamender wrote:I do all three. Can't manage anything smaller than 16 myself these days, not so much my eyes (I've got a fly vice plus magnifying glass) but rather losing sensitivity in my fingertips. I use a one inch wide strip of foam, insert the hook, wind the length round and secure the loop with a map pin. Fits in a compartment of my tackle box. Here in France it's easy to get pre-tied hooks to fluorocarbon and I use those a lot but I do agree about the difficulty of unwrapping them so I tend to do that before I go down to the water and mount those on foam too.
And coincidentally Decathlon have a sale on these at the moment, 8, 10 and 12, £1.99 for 10. Selling out fast see: http://www.decathlon.co.uk/rigged-trout ... 01117.html
Iain

Björn Ulvaeus

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Good -- but not for trout fly fishing!

They are for using worm or teinge as bait whilst "trotting" French style for trout.

Teigne = moth grub.

Stathamender
Tench

Post by Stathamender »

Olly wrote:Good -- but not for trout fly fishing!

They are for using worm or teinge as bait whilst "trotting" French style for trout.

Teigne = moth grub.
I've caught bream, chub, roach, perch etc on these. They didn't seem particularly picky about what kind of fish they were meant for.
Iain

Björn Ulvaeus

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

I agree with that! I find it strange that the continentals have labeling and sectioning for all sorts of hooks, line, etc

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”