Illegal Dumping Kings Weir.

This forum belongs to the River Lea.
Das-Bolt
Gudgeon

Illegal Dumping Kings Weir.

Post by Das-Bolt »

While walking my dog yesterday morning (20th October 2016) along the towpath opposite The Kings Weir I noticed a Blue Transit type van with writing on the side which included the word 'BUILDERS' illegally dumping building rubble in the road just by the bridge. They quickly drove off when they spotted me. The incident was reported to The Lea Valley Park Authority on 03 000 030 610.
Submitted for information only.

Paul D

Re: Illegal Dumping Kings Weir.

Post by Paul D »

Good on you Sir, a place I fish regularly gets visited by these disgusting people, it's mainly builders waste, the local authorities are quick to clean it up bless them although obviously we all pay for this. :Hat:

Tizer
Chub

Post by Tizer »

Das-Bolt wrote:While walking my dog yesterday morning (20th October 2016) along the towpath opposite The Kings Weir I noticed a Blue Transit type van with writing on the side which included the word 'BUILDERS' illegally dumping building rubble in the road just by the bridge. They quickly drove off when they spotted me. The incident was reported to The Lea Valley Park Authority on 03 000 030 610.
Submitted for information only.
Seen that a few times went i lived up there,a few times rubbish was dumped right in front of the turnford consortium gate meaning that anyone in there could not get out till it was all cleared up,no good if you had just done a over nighter and was going straight to work next morning

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

Fly tipping and roadside litter seem to have become endemic on our lovely little island.....it both saddens and angers me that people have so little respect for their country...
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

Oh my....! my eyesight is really going down the pan.... I thought that the thread title read "Illegal Dumplings" :doh:

time for some new glasses I feel :geek:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

RBTraditional wrote:Fly tipping and roadside litter seem to have become endemic on our lovely little island.....it both saddens and angers me that people have so little respect for their country...
Sadly, I think that the government are partially to blame, as cutting the amount of civic amenities where this sort of rubbish can be legally left, have disappeared in the last few years, leaving people looking for places to get rid of rubbish... I'm not defending it, as it's abhorrent to ruin the countryside thus.... just trying to fathom why it happens...! :tea:

Personally a wall, cigarette, a blindfold and a party of chaps with Lee Enfield .303's would be a solution from my perspective, but alas this sort of totalitarianism is frowned upon in these modern times :whistle: :Cool:

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

Harry wrote:
RBTraditional wrote:Fly tipping and roadside litter seem to have become endemic on our lovely little island.....it both saddens and angers me that people have so little respect for their country...
Sadly, I think that the government are partially to blame, as cutting the amount of civic amenities where this sort of rubbish can be legally left, have disappeared in the last few years, leaving people looking for places to get rid of rubbish... I'm not defending it, as it's abhorrent to ruin the countryside thus.... just trying to fathom why it happens...! :tea:

Personally a wall, cigarette, a blindfold and a party of chaps with Lee Enfield .303's would be a solution from my perspective, but alas this sort of totalitarianism is frowned upon in these modern times :whistle: :Cool:
I wouldn't even give them the courtesy of a last cigarette....
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Harry wrote:Sadly, I think that the government are partially to blame, as cutting the amount of civic amenities where this sort of rubbish can be legally left, have disappeared in the last few years, leaving people looking for places to get rid of rubbish.
Not only places, Sir ... but the charge for taking things to the tip are increasing everywhere. For example, the Hertfordshire County Council (wherein lies King's Weir) website currently lists a charge £67.20p for a 'small van load' of 'construction and demolition waste,' and £99.60p for a 'medium van' (presumable a Transit type falls into the latter category).

I've seen on one site that the charges are to 'help cover the costs of cleaning up after fly tipping,' though I'd suggest that it's a downward spiral as the higher the charge ... the more fly tipping there will be. :Brickwall:
Last edited by AshbyCut on Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

RBTraditional wrote:
Harry wrote:

I wouldn't even give them the courtesy of a last cigarette....
Fair point.... who'd have to clean up the fag butts :Thumb: :Hat: :Cool:

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

AshbyCut wrote:
Harry wrote:
RBTraditional wrote:Sadly, I think that the government are partially to blame, as cutting the amount of civic amenities where this sort of rubbish can be legally left, have disappeared in the last few years, leaving people looking for places to get rid of rubbish.
Not only places, Sir ... but the charge for taking things to the tip are increasing everywhere. For example, the Hertfordshire County Council (wherein lies King's Weir) website currently lists a charge £67.20p for a 'small van load' of 'construction and demolition waste,' and £99.60p for a 'medium van' (presumable a Transit type falls into the latter category).

I've seen on one site that the charges are to 'help cover the costs of cleaning up after fly tipping,' though I'd suggest that it's a downward spiral as the higher the charge ... the more fly tipping there will be. :Brickwall:
My local civic amenity (2 miles away) was shut down a couple of years ago, (the site is still locked up and fenced off and could be reinstated with a few skips and a chap to oversee it in an hour flat...) now I have an 18 mile round trip to my nearest recycling centre... frankly I have to wonder at the level of competence in local government

Return to “River Lea”