Re: Adopting a stretch of the Lea

This forum belongs to the River Lea.
Corneybury
Dace

Re: Re: Adopting a stretch of the Lea

Post by Corneybury »

No, the training and safety briefing is done at the individual weekly task by the Ranger in charge. No additional training is necessary, although additional training (eg first aid etc) is offered on request. As volunteers, we do as much or as little as we want, so the amount of time commitment is up to the individual.

Vole
Rainbow Trout

Post by Vole »

Ah, sorry - I was looking at the "Conservation task volunteer" form (and its eight page risk assessment), and this bit: "Time Commitment: Scheduled tasks held twice a week during the week and once a month at weekends at fixed times" in particular.

Where should I have been looking?
"Write drunk, edit sober" - Hemingway.
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

Corneybury
Dace

Post by Corneybury »

No the risk assessment does not have to be filled out, but you do have to register with LVPA as they like to keep a record of and know who their volunteers are.

Again, they publish a list of scheduled tasks, but you do as much or as little as you want. To attend a task is never compulsory, but the ones that get the most volunteer attendance are on Wednesdays. Other tasks arise from time to time as the need arises around the park

Vole
Rainbow Trout

Post by Vole »

Thank you for that, I'll have to get in touch with them.

Odd that they've made their public interface so inhibiting? Still, they can't even spell "Lea"...
"Write drunk, edit sober" - Hemingway.
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

The stretch of the Lea called Ramey Marsh is one of my favourites . I will look out for this. Might even fish the old river if I ever get the chance

Corneybury
Dace

Post by Corneybury »

Vole - both spellings are correct. Lea usually refers to to the old river, Lee is applied to the Navigation.

Corneybury
Dace

Post by Corneybury »

Tench Dreamer - we look after Rammey Marsh too, from South Ordnance Road, opposite Enfield Island Village and up to the M25. The stretch of river there has recently been targeted by carp anglers who tell me that some whoppers abide in the canal. I’m more into silver fish myself, but happy to accept whatever swallows my bait!

Return to “River Lea”