my wye

This forum belongs to the River Wye.
St.John
Tench

Re: my wye

Post by St.John »

Kingfisher wrote:Hannay,

Trying to fish the river in Hereford was always hampered by the canoes, alot of the canoeists were youngsters on a school activity day. I don't mind them atall but I wish their Guardians would stay with them and not just row off in front...maybe have someone else at the back behind the kids so they could see what their behaviour is like. They always used to come down in groups with five kids and the tutors at the front telling them what water to aim for. The kids would always aim for my lines where they entered the water just to act clever in front of their mates. I got fed up with saying anything in the end to their tutors.

StJohn,
When the time comes that you want to come and fish the upper Wye give me a shout. I can give you the names of some places where you can get day ticket waters at a fraction of the price the W and U foundation charges. I may also offer to join you if I have nothing else planned.
Missed this last year! With pleasure chap. Will be in contact...
"Be patient and calm-for no man can catch fish in anger."

Hannay
Perch

Re: my wye

Post by Hannay »

St.John wrote:
Kingfisher wrote:Hannay,

Trying to fish the river in Hereford was always hampered by the canoes, alot of the canoeists were youngsters on a school activity day. I don't mind them atall but I wish their Guardians would stay with them and not just row off in front...maybe have someone else at the back behind the kids so they could see what their behaviour is like. They always used to come down in groups with five kids and the tutors at the front telling them what water to aim for. The kids would always aim for my lines where they entered the water just to act clever in front of their mates. I got fed up with saying anything in the end to their tutors.
Hope it doesn't spoil the fishing too much! Had the unusual experience of dealing with river swimmers this year on the Cam. Must say that they are a courteous and friendly bunch so don't have to worry about them getting tangled in line. If anything they seem to be more inquisitive about us anglers. A strange sight coming out of the mist on a morning, gave me quite a shock the first time.

Return to “River Wye”