Hunstrete (Lackey's leap) satellite photo

This forum belongs to Hunstrete Lake.
Snape
Bailiff

Hunstrete (Lackey's leap) satellite photo

Post by Snape »

“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Mark
Head Bailiff

Re: Hunstrete (Lackey's leap) satellite photo

Post by Mark »

It certainly does Snape.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

It is now controlled by Bathampton AA
To fish it you have to be a member - £33 for the year and then pay £3 per day.
http://www.foggi.co.uk/angling/bathampt ... te%20Lakes
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Post by Gary Bills »

Snape wrote:It is now controlled by Bathampton AA
To fish it you have to be a member - £33 for the year and then pay £3 per day.
http://www.foggi.co.uk/angling/bathampt ... te%20Lakes
I wonder if the wildies/old English commons are still present in numbers? Either way, well spotted Snape - it does look lovely.

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Its on the way back from Redmire for me looking at the map, definitely be worth a visit one time. :hat:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

BeechmereLake
Brown Trout

Post by BeechmereLake »

I fished Hunstrete as a young boy just left school in the late 1970's, remember it being called "Lackeys leap", a couple of years ago I was sent an email about the club who had been running the place, BAA, they seemed to break their backs to provide fishing days for disabled people and had a wonderful youth program there, unfortunately the email was to inform me that some pond life had broken into the container and stole all the gear the club had put together, on reading this I decided to try and get in as much useable tackle as I could find, vintage, new, rod or reel, had a good response from my local tackle shop and ended up having their secretary up to my house to pick up the tackle and take back for the kids to use, here is to hoping the club is back on its feet.
" It is a sinister place yet powerfully fascinating"

"BB"

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Delightful....brings it all back to me .....one of the rerasons for joining this terrific Forum......and if you were to draw a line from the "H" of the H"Hunstrete" in the satellite photo link from the Southern bank toward the small gap in the lillie bed just to the right of the overhanging tree on the Northern bank....is exactly the spot I cast my par-boiled potato into from the opposite bank in the mid 1970's to catch my first "20" from Hunstrete as I relayed in the other post under "Trussler and the Wildies"....great satellite link...do you know that after several decades...I really am now tempted to rejoin Bathampton AA and re-new my aquaintance with the place.....it is...as BB describes...."...a sinister place yet powerfully fascinating"...

Barbulus

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Beechmerelake - hanging's too good for 'em :Angry: Have you collected enough gear to replace the loss?

Return to “Hunstrete Lake”