Photos

This forum belongs to Gerry & May Berth-Jones.
Len Arbery
Silver Bream

Re: Photos

Post by Len Arbery »

Hello Snape,

To hopefully put the record straight: Gerry Berth-Jones informed me this picture shows May with his Mapperley Reservoir 15lb'er, caught in July 1953.

Besties,

Len.

OldTackle
Arctic Char

Post by OldTackle »

Snape wrote:Gerry appears to be the inventor of the original bivvy

He certainly did not invent it. What he did was exactly the same I did when I was young. He bought one of the military's half tents. Not sure about other countries military supply, but germany had these:
Zelt.jpg

Using only one half they give you what you see in the first picture. A nice wind shelter. The shape is more like a parallelogram.

Still own mine.
Ah, forgot: they even come with detachable poles and herrings. Not seen very often anymore in olive. Nowadays they have these ugly spotty military colors.

Christopher
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
< °) >>><( Christopher )><<< (° >

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Len Arbery wrote:Hello Snape,

To hopefully put the record straight: Gerry Berth-Jones informed me this picture shows May with his Mapperley Reservoir 15lb'er, caught in July 1953.

Besties,

Len.
How interesting. I am not sure why I thought it was a Redmire fish but at least the record it now straight. Thanks Len :Hat:
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Return to “Gerry & May Berth-Jones”