Tadpole Bridge, Oxfordshire

This forum belongs to the River Thames.
Goosequill
Dace

Re: Tadpole Bridge, Oxfordshire

Post by Goosequill »

How does one find out about this club and it's waters? There appears to be little internet information.......?

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

Paul F wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:38 am
Snape wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:09 pm I have just joined Tadpole Bridge angling club.
Who else on here is a member?
Plan to go next week. :)
Bumble, lucky Luca, Pershore Harrier all are, I dropped out this season, as it is a bit far to travel.
Paul if you do fancy a Tadpole trip let me know as I think I am allowed to take a guest.

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Goosequill wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:54 pm How does one find out about this club and it's waters? There appears to be little internet information.......?
If you have Facebook see their group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/781680642011205/
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Paul F
Sea Trout

Post by Paul F »

PershoreHarrier wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:21 pm
Paul F wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:38 am
Snape wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:09 pm I have just joined Tadpole Bridge angling club.
Bumble, lucky Luca, Pershore Harrier all are, I dropped out this season, as it is a bit far to travel.
Paul if you do fancy a Tadpole trip let me know as I think I am allowed to take a guest.
Thanks Keith, I will take you up om that in the autumn/winter when we get some extra water :Hat:

Goosequill
Dace

Post by Goosequill »

Snape wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:28 pm
Goosequill wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:54 pm How does one find out about this club and it's waters? There appears to be little internet information.......?
If you have Facebook see their group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/781680642011205/
Alas, myself and Facebook are not entwined however another gent has messaged me on here and I may get to have a look at the stretch during the season. Thank you for your swift assistance Mr. Snape.

Kindest regards

Chris

Goosequill
Dace

Post by Goosequill »

How did your trip to, I am keen to hear how the Thames is at the moment.?

I called into Farmoor reservoir on my way home tonight to get a parking permit. There is a stretch of the Thames directly behind the reservoir that can be fished on one of the local club books. Speaking to the ranger on site obviously the reservoir level was okay as they draw the supply from the Thames. What was startling was the water temperature....he said the incoming feed from the Thames had been close to 25 degrees centigrade!!! The reservoir water temperature was 23 degrees, the same as the air temperature today! He said it was only two degrees different to the bottom of the reservoir at eight metres. When he told me this is just struck me how warm this summer was and how long it had lasted .....this is a big reservoir and the trout in it have been suffering due to the excessive water temperature.

Best regards

Chris

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Goosequill wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:30 pm
How did your trip to, I am keen to hear how the Thames is at the moment.?

I called into Farmoor reservoir on my way home tonight to get a parking permit. There is a stretch of the Thames directly behind the reservoir that can be fished on one of the local club books. Speaking to the ranger on site obviously the reservoir level was okay as they draw the supply from the Thames. What was startling was the water temperature....he said the incoming feed from the Thames had been close to 25 degrees centigrade!!! The reservoir water temperature was 23 degrees, the same as the air temperature today! He said it was only two degrees different to the bottom of the reservoir at eight metres. When he told me this is just struck me how warm this summer was and how long it had lasted .....this is a big reservoir and the trout in it have been suffering due to the excessive water temperature.

Best regards

Chris
I went the other day mostly to have a look but also took a rod and some worms.
I had a few small perch and chublets.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Trainset
Gudgeon

Post by Trainset »

Does any know if this is accessible for full time wheelchair users please?
I go fishing not to find myself but to lose myself.

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

Trainset wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:55 am Does any know if this is accessible for full time wheelchair users please?
I would NOT recommend Tadpole Bridge as a fishing venue for full-time wheelchair users.

Return to “River Thames”