Felbrigg Hall Norfolk

Enter this forum only if you dare.
Tengisgol
Tench

Re: Felbrigg Hall Norfolk

Post by Tengisgol » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:51 pm

Silfield wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:46 pm
Time to give it another try I think but this time during daylight hours! Or i could take the wife as she is a match for any ghostly entity.
Just a heads up that, very sadly, I am told that cormorants have wreaked almost total havoc on the rudd population. Having said that, in that weed, you never know - nature sometimes finds a way! I wish you luck.
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Tengisgol
Tench

Post by Tengisgol » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:56 pm

Santiago wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:20 pm
It's a great fishery! Many years ago I caught a 41/2lb rudd there. Before it came to the net I thought it was a nice bream :Hahaha: :fishing2:
What a great fish Trevor, it comes as little surprise to me after what I saw that day. Indeed, a friend who spent a few weeks there camping beside the pool once caught a rudd that he believed to be closer to four than three.

Whilst you can never say never, I'm not aware of any bream though...
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Silfield
Gudgeon

Post by Silfield » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:59 pm

I had to go and pick up some waders from Sheringham last weekend and popped by Felbrigg on the way back to stretch the dogs legs-it looks like the lake is still open and there was evidence that people had been fishing recently (picked up nearly a full carrier bags worth of rubbish, some of which was fishing related! :( )
Saw a few rises way out in the lake so something is managing to hide from the dreaded Bête Noir.

Return to “Haunted Swims and Fishing Stories”