Searching for phantoms

Enter this forum only if you dare.
Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Re: Searching for phantoms

Post by Gary Bills »

WindJammer wrote:
The Sweetcorn Kid wrote:A whisp? I've never seen one but know they exist.
A flock of snipe? http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Whisp
I once saw three white floating globes, about roof height, in moonlight. No sound, for what seemed like ages. Only when they passed over did I hear the quacking of ducks...

Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Post by Gary Bills »

Dave Burr wrote:
Gary Bills wrote:My brother likes to go for crafty rural canal carp, and walking back one night he saw a fiery, glowing ball - orange in colour, rise before him on the tow path and drift over the canal, where it vanished. He thinks "marsh gas" although the experience shook up up a little....
He said it was easily the size of a football...
I wonder... :shocked:
I'd love to see something like that, it would be fascinating. Having heard about ball lightning, marsh gas or whatever it may be, to witness one first hand would be a thrill. Its odd that our first reaction is one of fear, a throw back from our ancient selves running rather than reasoning I suppose but when you've got over the initial shock you would have to think that you are absolutely privileged to have witnessed such a rare event.
He still mentions it..It made quite an impression..

WindJammer

Post by WindJammer »

Over a year has passed and no takers or were they the taken?

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Last Season got "swept away" one way and another but this year I would still be up for a trip to Waggoner's.

WindJammer

Post by WindJammer »

I'm moving nearer the area so a visit is on the agenda. (I'll bring a white sheet with some holes cut out for vision, don't tell the others).

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

I would be interested to see some photos of the place when you visit. I think I was told last week by SK (?) there might be two lakes but I may have that wrong.......

WindJammer

Post by WindJammer »

There's 3,the lower one is the favourite for the bigger fish. I think there were more in the chain but they have dried up.

Return to “Haunted Swims and Fishing Stories”