Strange Encounter

Enter this forum only if you dare.
Iasgair
Chub

Re: Strange Encounter

Post by Iasgair »

Willsmodger wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:45 am There are some good doppelganger stories on Reddit.

When I was about 18, I was walking down the street and greeted by a middle aged woman who asked how I was, asked after my mother and if I was still working in Walsall.
I had no idea who she was. I actually worked in West Bromwich, but was polite and answered her, thinking she must know me from somewhere.

A few weeks later, same thing again. Bearing in mind she asked if I still worked in Walsall again I thought she was perhaps a little confused in her mind.

One day I saw her walking past the house, I called mum to the window but she said she had no idea who she was.

Scroll forward 15 years or so. I had moved away and moved back to my home town.
I was headed for the bus station, then under construction.
A council van with two blokes in slowed as it approached me. One of the guys wound down his window and shouted at me "you bloody ####head!"
I was so surprised I just pointed at myself and asked "me?"
The bloke looked at me and seemed shocked, as though he had realised he had the wrong person. The van sped off.
That made me think of the woman. Perhaps it was the same sort of thing?
Then, searching images of my home town, there was a recent photograph of my local market.
There's a bloke, in profile, that even I thought was me. Different clothes though.

Odd I've never met him.

All the best.
That would be enough to make me want to move to a different part of the country.
Worry less about who you might offend, and care more about who you might inspire.

Black Prince
Crucian Carp

Post by Black Prince »

Time slipping maybe :tumbleweed: or something more ghostly :fish: mike

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

Just don't look in the mirror!
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Willsmodger
Rudd

Post by Willsmodger »

He has my deepest sympathy. I've often been described as the unacceptable face of faces.
It is said seeing your doppelganger is a bad omen, yet some of the accounts I've read are pretty mundane, like seeing someone in town who ignores you when you greet them. When you later ask them why, they claim they were never in town that day, that sort of thing.
They never seem to be up close and personal, more waving to someone across a street and getting no response.

All the best.

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

Last year I had a really weird doppelganger experience. I was just doing my weekly shop and as I was entering the local supermarket I saw a woman that I knew so said hello etc.etc, only to realise that yes I did know her, but from over 15 years ago from when I worked at the university and had forgotten about. I had mistaken her for an art teacher that worked at my school for about a year a few years ago. The two were doppelgangers and looked like identical twins, at least to my minds eye. If only I could have arranged to see them together at the same time! Oddly, the only link between the two doppelgangers is myself, to my knowledge that is, and Reading.
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Of course there are doppelgangers out there - have you seen how many Elvis lookalikes live in Vegas?

I did once stop a Hillman Imp and 'recognised' the driver as Tim, someone I worked with. He spoke almost identically to Tim and had similar mannerisms but it wasn't quite him - despite him also driving a similar Imp. My mind was so jangled I let him go without further questioning and later asked Tim if he was a twin or had a brother - he didn't.

And I get mistaken for George Clooney all the time :Happy: :liar: :liar: :liar:

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

George Clooney! come on Elvis who you trying to kid..

Wal.

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

Wallys-Cast wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:20 pm George Clooney! come on Elvis who you trying to kid..

Wal.
Perhaps George Clooney was doing his impression of Elvis hence the confusion :Confused:
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

Willsmodger
Rudd

Post by Willsmodger »

Odd fact. Elvis said his favourite impersonator was Andy Kaufman, a comedian.
You might remember him as the mechanic Latka in the American sitcom Taxi, he used to talk in a silly sort of east European voice.

All the best.

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

That could've been me N9nty 15 years ago. I used to stalk barbel on the Lugg above Hereford with my JB Walker Mk4 and Mitchell 300. Only it couldn't have been me because I would have spoken! "Have you caught 'em all then?" is often my opening line to another angler.....
Trouble is, the fish just don't read the books......
John Harding

Return to “Haunted Swims and Fishing Stories”