Ghostly oarsmen on the broads

Enter this forum only if you dare.
Black Prince
Crucian Carp

Re: Ghostly oarsmen on the broads

Post by Black Prince »

I haven't laughed so much in ages wally so funny it would have had the same effect on me I think the same line as you these days with most people having camera on their phones surely some one could get a picture(not me I have not got one)but it would be called a hoax the Victorian mediums had it down to a fine art coming down my stairs one day I saw my jack Russell on the hall carpet I said hello lad got down he had gone walked through the living to the conservatory where my wife and daughter were my dog was asleep on the floor it was my previous jack Russell it was the only explanation that sort of ghost I don't mind its the scary ones I do :surrender: mike

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

If our eyes can see ghosts then they should easily be photographed. Perhaps there's a really good reason why photographs of ghosts don't exist! Could it be that our brains just don't actually translate the image in the back of the eye into the image in the mind? Our brains actually just make most of the image up. Some objects are filtered out and some, depending on our circumstances, are made up. Perhaps that's why ghosts are mainly seen at night ; we're already feeling spooked, so our imagination goes into over drive and conjures up false images!

It strikes me as odd that when we 'see' ghosts that they disappear once we focus our minds on what we're actually looking at. Surely, if they were real, we'd see them more clearly the more we concentrate on the image. Yet the opposite appears to be true! Otherwise, are we proposing that they sense us seeing them so quickly make themselves totally invisible. So now we're talking of sentient ghosts. So just what exactly do sentient ghosts think about during their invisible existence? We could stretch this logic further, but it's probably safe to conclude that they're just figments of our over active imaginations.
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Black Prince
Crucian Carp

Post by Black Prince »

At one time it it was thought some one who was murderd would have the last image of their attacker on their eye yes I have felt panic and if you let it turn into blind panic there's no stopping you I suppose if you we're to see a ghost or some thing that is the last thing on earth you ever wanted to see the last thing I would want to do would take a picture although you never know cctv could well capture something if there is something to capture on film Iam a believer in ghosts good and bad and spirits you are or you aren't until it happens to you :Hat: mike

Pragmatist

Post by Pragmatist »

Aquaerial wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 10:00 am Two of my friends/then work colleagues were killed on Filby Bridge when their mini crashed there in the '70's. This thread has brought all that back again and in a positive way as I think about them. Having sold our home we are moving back that way too.. returning home so to speak...very helpful to explore my thoughts on where we end up.
Unconnected to the above but relevant... what are your thoughts on external consciousness? Animals are very sensitive to it and I believe once understood we are too. The body is merely a vessel but the consciousness and self awareness that is unique to ourselves... how can that cease to exist?
Very interesting. You will have to let me know where you end up, it's a beautiful part of Norfolk for sure.

Rutland Rod
Arctic Char

Post by Rutland Rod »

Interesting topic, I've never seen anything which I could not explain but I have felt uneasy at times in certain places always when dark or when the light was going, or in buildings, I used to work in a 3 storey Victorian house in Leicester, on occasion I worked in the evening and once colleagues had gone it never felt right, it had a vaulted cellar where we used to store files and their were occasional creaking noises from the floors upstairs. There's a few spots in my village where the temperature drops suddenly but I'm sure that's a physical environment thing, as regards fishing spots, there were parts of the Upper Welland where I used to fish into the darkness for Chub were spooky for me but more to do with being miles from anywhere and anyone! But I don't doubt that some people do believe they have seen something which is beyond rational explanation.
Tight lines and heads under the bed clothes ! Dave

Return to “Haunted Swims and Fishing Stories”