the strangest thing today

Enter this forum only if you dare.
Bjp
Chub

the strangest thing today

Post by Bjp »

I cant explain it I just can't, but it happened :surrender:

Today I went to the local pond have not fished for two months but managed to find some time any had a nice tench a pristine mirror and even a little perch all on cheese the roach came later with a switch to corn but no cru's at all anyway I will get to the point.

Around lunchtime I cast in as I had done dozens of times that day because of the tiddlers but my float lay flat, i reeled in and noticed it was just sliding up the line , the top locking shot has come off I thought , ok fine, but when I got the rig to hand the strangest thing I ever saw was the top shot had not come off, the float which was still attached through the ring was sitting above both shots.

What the hell ok so the top shot has come off and one of the bulk has slipped up the line, but it hadn't because when I set the rig up I did it with 3 bb bulk with a no4 on top and that was still in place and the two shots up the line were both bb's.

Now I know i'm going mad if a shot has come off then this float wont sit properly in the water so off came the top bb slid the float in place locked the shot back on cast in and yes perfect, I even added another bb knowing it should sink the float and it did.

The only answer I can find is that between the two casts someone has taken a shot off and put it under the float and as no one had been near me since the bailiff an hour or so before so, the someone had to be me , but I would swear to my dying day that I did not, I had no reason to change anything I had plummed up several times early on and had it spot on as far as I was concerned.

All I did I swear is reel in re-bait and cast out.

I am at a total loss to explain this and I am still shocked and stunned about the incident I cant stop thinking about it.

reg

bjp :Hat: :surrender:

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Re: the strangest thing today

Post by PershoreHarrier »

When things like that happened - my old boss would advise - take a little more water with it next time.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Aliens! It's a trick they like to play.

Black Prince
Crucian Carp

Post by Black Prince »

Wierd. :tumbleweed: mike

Match Aerial
Arctic Char

Post by Match Aerial »

Time travel thats it

Catfish.017
Eel

Post by Catfish.017 »

Have a good look at the ring, you may find it has split allowing the float to 'jump' the shot. I have a vague recollection of this happening to me in the past.

Danny
Stickleback

Post by Danny »

A glitch in the matrix I suggest

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

As Danny says. A similar thing happened to me. For several trips I used the same rod and didn't take it down or alter it one bit for about 10 sessions, and when I first set it up I was careful to make sure the line went through all of the rod rings. The first nine trips were fine and without incident and I was happy with the set up so as I said, I did not alter it, and kept the rod set up. On the tenth trip whilst waiting for a bite I noticed that the line was no longer going through one of the rings. And there was nothing amis about that ring.
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Danny
Stickleback

Post by Danny »

There’s many “ glitch “ videos online. It’s not as crazy as you initially think. The holographic, or simulated universe theories are now widely believed in mainstream science. “ but it all feels so real.........” lol

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

Yer, we all live in the bowels of a super computer in the future, and it's running millions of simulations in an attempt to discover its maker whom it calls God. And we call it God. Only we don't know if we're in the 'real simulation or one of the fake ones! Glitches occur randomly in time continuems and sometimes show up as ghosts.
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Return to “Haunted Swims and Fishing Stories”