Haunted Redmire

Enter this forum only if you dare.
Snape
Bailiff

Haunted Redmire

Post by Snape »

Redmire is full of ghostly goings on - of course non of it being actually real!

My only experience was posted on the Redmire forum sometime ago but here it is again:

"Several years ago in early July, whilst pitched in Inghams when the weather was atrocious and Redmire was being beaten up by gales and torrential rain I woke up at about 2.00AM and was sure I could hear a very faint eerie voice whispering my name outside the tent. The ghostly voice was mostly drowned out by the howling wind and lashing rain but it kept coming back and although I don't usually get spooked, the ghost stories told earlier that evening including the very real and spooky one by dabchick made me feel decidedly uncomfortable. I managed to block it out and somehow get back to sleep having decided that I was imagining it and anyway I wasn't going out in the dark and wet to investigate.
The next morning I awoke to a very different day with the wind having dropped and the sun now shining. Wandering over to the dam wall I was greeted by Rob the bailiff coming over from Cranstouns saying "didn't you bloody well hear me last night?" "I had a fish on which got weeded up and I had to wade out in my underwear up to my chest in the pitch black with the howling wind and lashing rain". "I shouted and shouted your name but you never appeared!".
So much for the ghost of Redmire. Never mind. He managed to bank the fish on his own and it was a lovely Leney 20."
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Mark
Head Bailiff

Re: Haunted Redmire

Post by Mark »

I bet your were relieved to here that in the morning.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Briliant, I can imagine you cowering under the brolly wishing for the beast to go away, I'd have been exactly the same!!!! :laugh: :thumb:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Brolly? I was in a tent!
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.

Tony1964

Post by Tony1964 »

The Sweetcorn Kid wrote:Briliant, I can imagine you cowering under the brolly wishing for the beast to go away, I'd have been exactly the same!!!! :laugh: :thumb:
I'll tell Rob you called him a beast :laugh:

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Great story Nigel :laugh1:

Black Prince
Crucian Carp

Post by Black Prince »

Braver man than me I would have been away very sharpishly tackle could wait till morning :Hahaha: mike

Carp Artist
Arctic Char

Post by Carp Artist »

Love it Nigel. :Hahaha:
Not a fish was visible that first time I visited Beechmere; an utter
stillness brooded over the place and I felt the strange and sinister atmosphere which, so the story goes,
has been the cause of several suicides.’
BB – Confessions of a Carp Fisher

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

I had forgotten I posted this - nearly 7 years ago! :Hahaha:

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Snape wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:11 pm I had forgotten I posted this - nearly 7 years ago! :Hahaha:
I told this story at a family dinner last week and everyone fell about laughing !

Return to “Haunted Swims and Fishing Stories”