haunted swim of the future.....

Enter this forum only if you dare.
Davyr

Re: haunted swim of the future.....

Post by Davyr »

farliesbirthday wrote:A pike angler would've paid good money for that...
You probably need big trebles... :D
I don't like to shout "conduct unbecoming", but I do think that's in rather bad taste, FB... :Thumbsdown::

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

bigoll wrote:An angler, thinking he'd spotted a dead carp, found the severed arms of a man in Roding Valley Lake near me last year. The police's solution was to drain the lake to find the other bits, meaning the oxygen levels crashed and most of the fish died. The council then said it was too expensive to re-fill the lake and let it do so naturally, which took months. Total shambles really. I don't fish the lake as it's club-owned and usually covered in thick weed, but I do fish the Roding that runs next to it so maybe I'll see the poor chap's ghost one of these winter nights while out chubbing.....
http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/news/9 ... ody_parts/

Mind you, a body was found in the Roding over the summer too, so I could have a run-in with more than one spectre!
http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/news/9 ... g/?ref=rss
bigoll there,s a third spectre you might see, about 15 years ago my aunt,s mother drowned in the roding at Loughton , she liked a drink and one winter went for a walk along the river and fell in.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Being an ex-copper I am constantly amazed at how few dead bodies the average person sees. My sister didn't see one until our father died when she was 50, blimey, I've seen dozens, maybe over a hundred.

I take no pleasure in this, it's just part of the job and one aspect that you have to get used to pretty quickly. But having 'got used' to seeing all sorts of grief I was quite shocked at discovering a body in a wrecked car at the side of the motorway, I suppose I hadn't had time to prepare myself for it and that's when it really strikes home.

Happy subject isn't it :sarcasm:

Halloween next week :D

Kevanf1
Arctic Char

Post by Kevanf1 »

Lechmere wrote:Being an ex-copper I am constantly amazed at how few dead bodies the average person sees. My sister didn't see one until our father died when she was 50, blimey, I've seen dozens, maybe over a hundred.

I take no pleasure in this, it's just part of the job and one aspect that you have to get used to pretty quickly. But having 'got used' to seeing all sorts of grief I was quite shocked at discovering a body in a wrecked car at the side of the motorway, I suppose I hadn't had time to prepare myself for it and that's when it really strikes home.

Happy subject isn't it :sarcasm:

Halloween next week :D
Of course, the worst, for you would have been the bodies of children :( My father was a special constable (awarded a commendation for talking down an armed man holding a woman and kids hostage once) and he too saw far more than his fair share of unfortunates. He also had the very unenviable task of attending his own brother in law's sudden death. He always said the worst was when it was kids though. Very sad :(
Currently reading......Go Fishing For Bass and Go Fishing For Skate and Rays both by Graeme Pullen, The Kill Switch by James Rollins, Raspberry Pi Manual - Haynes, 'Make: Electronics by Charles Platt' & the 'Myford series 7 manual by Ian Bradley'

Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Post by Gary Bills »

davyr wrote:
farliesbirthday wrote:A pike angler would've paid good money for that...
You probably need big trebles... :D
I don't like to shout "conduct unbecoming", but I do think that's in rather bad taste, FB... :Thumbsdown::
Sincere apologies rendered, davyr - it was my sometimes sick sense of humour coming out... :shocked: :cry:

Davyr

Post by Davyr »

Apologies accepted, FB (and I thought you were such an urbane chap!). :hat:

Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Post by Gary Bills »

davyr wrote:Apologies accepted, FB (and I thought you were such an urbane chap!). :hat:
As a journalist, I've seen a few grim things too..(road accidents etc) so perhaps a sick sense of humour can help sometimes...
But the forum deserves greater decorum! :hat:

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Thank you for relinquishing this graciously chaps….. :hat: :hat:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Return to “Haunted Swims and Fishing Stories”