Jack the lad.

Enter this forum only if you dare.
TincaTinca

Jack the lad.

Post by TincaTinca »

For my sins i am an Angling Coach with the Angling Development Board and often take young people fishing. Usually young people in the care system.

We took three young people night fishing down on the Royal Military Canal near Dymchurch in Kent.
The had there own bivvy and decided to fish some 200yrd along the bank from us, They were in sight all the time and all could swim and aged around 14yrs.
For those of you that do not know the area, its a straight piece of water that backs on to the Port Lympe Zoo. Its thye only place i know where you can fish in the serengetty in Kent!!!
Well you can probably guess what is coming. First the monkeys, then the Lions and Tigers were roaring and then the Wolves started howling. Suddenly the three lads Picked up their tent and threw all their gear into it and were down next to us as quick as you like. I said " Are you all Ok, its just the animals from the Zoo, i did warn you before we set up what it was like" The eldest replied "No its not that, its just that there are no fish up there?????

Chevin
Brown Trout

Re: Jack the lad.

Post by Chevin »

About 10 years ago I decided to fish overnight at a small lake in Romsey and luckily I was the only angler booked in to fish, I had the whole lake to myself. The bank I bivvied up on was on the edge of a very heavy wood. All was fine until it got dark, at first it was just the usual countryside sounds, owls screeching and smaller animals moving in the undergrowth. It was around midnight that things started to get worse, the sounds of small animals suddenly become the sounds of something much larger and it was coming from the wood directly behind my bivvy, I sat up on my bedchair trying to decide whever to take a look or to try and just ignore it, it was at this point that suddenly my imagination kicked in, no matter how much I tried to convince myself that it was just probably a deer or something I could not shake the feeling of terror. I decided that I would wind in and take a walk to see if I could relieve my fears, as I wound in the last rod and put it on the ground there was a sudden crash behing me, it must of been no more than 15ft behind my bivvy, well I didnt stop to take a look, I was gone. I spent the rest of the night sat in my car in the carpark.

:Hahaha:
"A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance"

H.T. Sheringham

Maggot's Dad

Re: Jack the lad.

Post by Maggot's Dad »

John65 wrote:About 10 years ago I decided to fish overnight at a small lake in Romsey and luckily I was the only angler booked in to fish, I had the whole lake to myself. The bank I bivvied up on was on the edge of a very heavy wood. All was fine until it got dark, at first it was just the usual countryside sounds, owls screeching and smaller animals moving in the undergrowth. It was around midnight that things started to get worse, the sounds of small animals suddenly become the sounds of something much larger and it was coming from the wood directly behind my bivvy, I sat up on my bedchair trying to decide whever to take a look or to try and just ignore it, it was at this point that suddenly my imagination kicked in, no matter how much I tried to convince myself that it was just probably a deer or something I could not shake the feeling of terror. I decided that I would wind in and take a walk to see if I could relieve my fears, as I wound in the last rod and put it on the ground there was a sudden crash behing me, it must of been no more than 15ft behind my bivvy, well I didnt stop to take a look, I was gone. I spent the rest of the night sat in my car in the carpark.

:Hahaha:
Oh stop....... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .....

Return to “Haunted Swims and Fishing Stories”