Who's rattling your cage/tent?

Enter this forum only if you dare.
Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Who's rattling your cage/tent?

Post by Gary Bills »

I notice, having glanced at the Redmire Pool Forum, that the bivvy-beating phantom of the oaks has made its presence known once more....!

Snape
Bailiff

Re: Who's rattling your cage/tent?

Post by Snape »

biting lip!
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Post by Gary Bills »

Snape wrote:biting lip!
Sorry Snape, - can't resist! I love spooky stories!

J.T
Catfish

Post by J.T »

I put it down to too much sauce. :wink:
Last edited by J.T on Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"piscator non solum piscatur"

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

I reckon the ghoul didn't like FB's cooking so made it's exit as soon as the door was open and is now back safe where it belongs. :wink:

(No offence FB!!)
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Post by Gary Bills »

The Sweetcorn Kid wrote:I reckon the ghoul didn't like FB's cooking so made it's exit as soon as the door was open and is now back safe where it belongs. :wink:

(No offence FB!!)
None taken, SK - 'tis a well known fact that exorcists use Lea and Perrins.

Tony1964

Post by Tony1964 »

I love all the ghostly tales too but I also love Snape's scientific explanations.

My scariest / strangest experiences happened in my own home and at my place of work. I definitely keep an open mind.

StalkingLuke
Crucian Carp

Post by StalkingLuke »

Spill the beans Tony.
Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

Tony1964

Post by Tony1964 »

Back in 1994 I moved into an old terraced house near the city. The property was over 100 years old and was a small, 2 up 2 down, in need of some renovation. I bought it as a bit of a project to do up and sell on. When I first moved in I had very little in the way of furniture as it would get in the way of work. One night I was lying on a blow up bed in the main bedroom which overlooked the street. It was fairly light in the room due to the street lights outside and the fact that I only had a makeshift curtain on the window. I had not been dosing long when all of a sudden I felt something pulling me down the bed. I was trying to grip hold of the sheets as I slid down the bed. I managed to stop myself as my feet and ankles were completely over the edge of the bed. I sat up in a sweat with my heart racing. There was nothing to be seen in the room at all. I had not been drinking (or indulging in any other substances) and had not experienced anything like it before.

I mentioned my little tale to a friend in the local pub the next night. One of the old locals overheard my conversation and said to me "Ah, you've met Mr Green then, he don't like new people in his house"

A load of nonsense? Probably, but I always keep an open mind!

Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Post by Gary Bills »

Dear Tony, that's a really fascinating account: a truly scary experience, whatever it was!
I think the "banging on the bivvy" experiences in the Oaks are inexplicable, because so many have been reported. Tony Miles, in his "Carp Years" book, mentions the same thing, and much more - and he was talking about the 1980s. I know that a few Forum members have mentioned the "banging on the bivvy". Unless there is a rational explanation, the evidence points towards the supernatural, in my opinion.
Well, you've been brave so I'll give you my own creepy story. I'm a journalist and I used to work in a dank, dark old news office, alone. One gloomy morning, I clearly saw a grey kitten run between my legs and under the desk. I suppose my eyes were on it for three full seconds, and at no point did I think, "ghost". Instead I was on my hands and knees looking for the mog. I have two cats of my own, and I'm fond of them. I moved filing cabinets - I searched high and low, but no kitten was ever found. The door was shut. It was winter and the windows were closed. There was no way it could have got out. One minute the kitten was there - apparently flesh and blood...and the next...vanished into thin air..
I am not prone to hallucinations, by the way!

Return to “Haunted Swims and Fishing Stories”