The Tarp Hat

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Bob Brookes
Zander

Re: The Tarp Hat

Post by Bob Brookes »

Well done Leigh, you've arrived! :Hat:
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Northern_Nomad
Arctic Char

Post by Northern_Nomad »

Welcome to the club Leigh.

I’m in France fishing at the moment and mine is coming very handy in this hot weather

"We knelt side by side looking at it. I knew it was big, and suddenly it dawned on me it was more than that. It was tremendous!" - Richard Walker

LuckyLuca
Barbel

Post by LuckyLuca »

A fine choice Leigh. Welcome to the club.
I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

Leigh wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:24 am As I look to both Bob and Shaun for angling inspiration I thought I'd follow them in joining the tarp hat owners section on the forum.

Hopefully, it brings the same luck.

20180628_111846-01.jpeg
Welcome to the Tarp Hat Clan :Hat:

I love mine, they are by far the comfiest hats I have ever worn and I have always liked a hat so have plenty. I say 'they' because I had a pleasant surprise a few weeks back when the company contacted to to thank me for the various pictures I have trickled onto social media over the past few years with me wearing one. They had noticed how many people had asked where to get one from so my pictures were working for them and asked if they sent me another hat I would allow them to use a couple of favourite ones of theirs.
That one is off my Shaun Harrison Angler facebook page and was the first one they asked for.
Naturally I obliged, so now I have two.
I refrained from wearing the new one for a while as I love my old one so much but a couple of weeks back the old one was in need of a clean and I couldn't find the time to clean it so grabbed my new one. First trip out and I landed what is believed to be the largest carp in the lake a very infrequent visitor to the bank.
I used to call my old one my lucky hat, but it seems I now have two lucky hats :Ok:

Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Two great photos Shaun, I christened mine today. Looking forward to seeing your angling rewards with your new lucky hat.

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

Chilled out Sunday.
Laid back Monday.
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

LuckyLuca
Barbel

Post by LuckyLuca »

Terrific capture Shaun. Lovely pictures too.

I shall wear mine on Sunday and hope I'm as lucky as you!
I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

Hovis
Tench

Post by Hovis »

First trip out and I landed what is believed to be the largest carp in the lake a very infrequent visitor to the bank.
I used to call my old one my lucky hat, but it seems I now have two lucky hats :Ok:
[/quote]

Shaun, is that fish from Martin's place nr woodsetts? If so I chased it for many years!
I have laid aside business, and gone a'fishing.

Izaak Walton

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

If anybody wants an XL Tarp hat that's been sat in my garage for a couple of years - feel free to pm me. I cannot guarantee any luck however.

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

Hovis wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:46 pm First trip out and I landed what is believed to be the largest carp in the lake a very infrequent visitor to the bank.
Shaun, is that fish from Martin's place nr woodsetts? If so I chased it for many years!
[/quote]

No mate, it isn't.

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”