The Day Cravat and other accessories

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Badger
Grayling

Re: The Day Cravat and other accessories

Post by Badger »

Tinca Tinca wrote:Is the Bristol the car Inspector Linley drives in the TV films?I have seen a car like this but donot know
where....Lovely car..

Inspector Lynley from the British drama series 'The Inspector Lynley Mysteries' drives a Bristol 410 car in the TV show. In the TV show, he is the eighth Earl of Asherton and is also said to believe in old-fashioned traditional values.
"An undisturbed river is as perfect as we will ever know, every refractive slide of cold water a glimpse of eternity" - Thomas McGuane

JohnClyde
Perch

Post by JohnClyde »

What traditional mixture do you plan to put in that pipe of yours?

Bought my first tin of Dunhill Nightcap yesterday and have drifted off into pipe sipper's heaven ever since. Divine.

Badger
Grayling

Post by Badger »

JohnClyde wrote:What traditional mixture do you plan to put in that pipe of yours?

Bought my first tin of Dunhill Nightcap yesterday and have drifted off into pipe sipper's heaven ever since. Divine.
I haven't actually got that far. At the moment I was just planning on holding it rakishly, contemplatively or even thrust aggressively while making a point about the merits of tapers on cane fly rods :Chuckle:

"An undisturbed river is as perfect as we will ever know, every refractive slide of cold water a glimpse of eternity" - Thomas McGuane

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

I'm told you can always tell a Bristol because the hatch for the spare wheel is visible in the nearside front wing.

I used to live near the Kensington showroom for Bristols in the Seventies and spent hours just looking at the cars inside.

http://www.bristolcars.co.uk/Present/Sales/Contact/

The Mog

Post by The Mog »

Although very very rare I would like to think a Volvo P1800 estate or a Woody would be the ultimate gentleman's conveyance

JohnClyde
Perch

Post by JohnClyde »

That sounds perfect Badger.

You must be very careful not to break the wrist on the forward thrust of the aggressively asserted pipe. This should be practiced. Place an (antique green velvet) cushion under the armpit, clench it with the arm, then hammer that briar right into the heart of any informed conjecture. Your technique will be admired and your point assumed definitive irrespective of any words that might come out your mouth at the time. Especially useful during court hearings.

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”