For the better understanding

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Tinca Tinca
Grayling

For the better understanding

Post by Tinca Tinca »

Good evening Gents,
have to buy new (Rubber)boots this year,too.I have had a pair Benysports from Aigle and a pair (ceap?!?) Le Chameau boots which helt many years(I think I bought them in 2001 with the last
Belgian Francs I had) but both are leaking now.Hear much of you speak about Dunlop boots.Now
my question: Which types do you have?The Polyurethane models or the (more expensive) natural
rubber boots?

In fact that the french boots got terribly expensive the last years I search alternatives ....

Are Hunter wellies produced in UK until now?Natural rubber?Need a pair good soles under because
my feet are totally flat and I have to have a orthopedic footbed in.Ideas??????(Size 13,5 is the next
problem ....)

KenSowerbutts
Grayling

Re: For the better understanding

Post by KenSowerbutts »

Cheap polyurethane Dunlops I find them easy to wear ,warm and light .I would rather spend my money on tackle .
Knowledge comes but Wisdom lingers

Hovis
Tench

Post by Hovis »

Hunters all the way for me. I have a pair of Balmoral (I think) that are comfortable to walk in and have a fantastic sole that shapes to your feet they are also warm but I often wear mine with hunters wellie socks and have not had a problem with cold feet with temperature s down to -5. I think they are rubberised neoprene with a sealed opening flap that has a fabric closer importantly this means no zips to leak

Edit: these are the ones I have http://www.garden4less.co.uk/Neoprene-H ... wwodfjEAHw
I have laid aside business, and gone a'fishing.

Izaak Walton

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

KenSowerbutts wrote:Cheap polyurethane Dunlops I find them easy to wear ,warm and light .I would rather spend my money on tackle .
Me too, can't wear mine out, feels like I've had them years. :Thumb:

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

I can't and won't wear wellies... I get cold feet, sweaty feet, sore ankles, cold ankles, trench foot, bog spavins, strangles and kennel cough.... gimme a good pair of Muckers or WoofWear any day, warm, light, comfy, easy to get on and off and best of all.... cheap as chips

http://www.newitts.com/product/IT017603 ... wwodgm4AEg
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

Bluelabel wrote:I can't and won't wear wellies... I get cold feet, sweaty feet, sore ankles, cold ankles, trench foot, bog spavins, strangles and kennel cough.... gimme a good pair of Muckers or WoofWear any day, warm, light, comfy, easy to get on and off and best of all.... cheap as chips

http://www.newitts.com/product/IT017603 ... wwodgm4AEg
I could never bare to wear wellies or waders for the same reason and used to carry hiking boots everywhere so I could change as soon as possible only ever wearing the wellies when I had to paddle.
I tried all sorts from Hunters to the various lined types and eventually bit the bullet and ordered myself a pair of these http://www.thewellyshop.com/Wellies/Lea ... 08-97-155/ after being assured by a very good friend that I wouldn't regret it.

They arrived, I wore them, I loved them and what is more I can wear them all day long even in the summer without feeling uncomfortable in them. No clammy, cold, damp socks with these. Ridiculous money but you have to wear them to appreciate them. I brought my first pair in 2004 and bearing in mind they are worn every day in the winter and every damp day in the summer for dog walking as well as the obvious angling they lasted me until last year when the ankle finally split where they had perished due to neglect. I had absolutely no hesitation in going and buying the same again although the cost hurts.

Anyone knowing me will know I use things and don't particularly look after things. Someone who is careful and bothers to treat the rubber at times would get a lot longer out of a pair than I have. so suddenly the initial outlay becomes a little less strain when stretched over the years. Like so many things in life, pay a bit of money and end up with something that you really want and something you won't need to keep replacing every couple of years.

Bobby Marlene
Arctic Char

Post by Bobby Marlene »

I had the same good experience with Aigle boots, thigh waders as well as boots. I have them for years and they are as new. Very comfortable, you can easily do a very long walk in them and "no stink"! I have the standard version, no zip, because I do not really trust zips. Quite expensive but good boots.
I have to say that my standard wellies that I bought in a farm equipment shop have also lasted years but they were not comfortable to walk in and very sweaty. For a tenner I could not complain, though.
Best, Bobby

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”