Corduroys and Boots

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
The VFC
Brown Trout

Re: Corduroys and Boots

Post by The VFC »

Merlot wrote:
The VFC wrote:Can't go wrong with the "cloth of the king": though I did once have a corduroy covered office chair and occasionally the cord in my trousers and the chair would "lock" and I'd have to unzip myself in an undignified manner!
ATB
Jim
And that the case for the defence my Lord........
:Hahaha: :Hahaha: :Hahaha:

In my house if anybody flatulates the approved response from all is "you'll have to buy those now sir - you've ripped them". In the case of an erucation, conversely, "keep shouting Madam, we'll find you" is the traditional riposte!

Michael
Tench

Post by Michael »

The VFC wrote:
Merlot wrote:
The VFC wrote:Can't go wrong with the "cloth of the king": though I did once have a corduroy covered office chair and occasionally the cord in my trousers and the chair would "lock" and I'd have to unzip myself in an undignified manner!
ATB
Jim
And that the case for the defence my Lord........
:Hahaha: :Hahaha: :Hahaha:

In my house if anybody flatulates the approved response from all is "you'll have to buy those now sir - you've ripped them". In the case of an erucation, conversely, "keep shouting Madam, we'll find you" is the traditional riposte!

Similar, in the case of a touch of flatulence, the response is "Keep calling Captain, we`ll find you!" Or in the case of belching "Manners old chap or chapette, there's a porker in the room"....

Woolly Bear
Chub

Post by Woolly Bear »

Mark nice boots what make are they , were they very expensive . Have they got leather soles or rubber commando . Very kindest cheeky regards . Woolly Bear . :Cool:

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Woolly Bear wrote:Mark nice boots what make are they , were they very expensive . Have they got leather soles or rubber commando . Very kindest cheeky regards . Woolly Bear . :Cool:
Here's the link WB.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251450250838? ... 1497.l2649
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Woolly Bear
Chub

Post by Woolly Bear »

Cheers Mark :Hat: . Kindest regards . W B . :dancing:

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

Old revivalist mod that I am, i have one pair of cords, hipster cut with a slight flare, look the business with desert boots.

I normally wear tan combat trousers for fishing, but might well invest in some green cords.

Tinca Tinca
Grayling

Post by Tinca Tinca »

Nice stuff you bought,Sir.I have my cords for 15 years now and no wear in sight.Only problem is that
my belt size has grown a few inches....unfortunately the boots are only available up to size 11,I need 13,5 :Cry:

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Mine arrived today :Ok: will have to get another pair
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Buller
Rudd

Post by Buller »

I'm a huge fan of cords and own 2 pairs of brown ones. They have become de rigour fishing apparel, tucked into my Aigle Parcour wellies (and paired with a Tattersall shirt). Hell, even we can be traditional here at the tip of Africa :Cool:

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

Mark wrote:I normally go for the green mole skin trousers but for a change I have just order myself two pairs of camel brown corduroys.

How about a several months down the line review Mark?

Sorry, just noticed they are no loner available, but being a moleskin wearer for the past 30 plus years - daily for 25 of them I was simply interested how you had found the cords lasting compared to the moleskins. Quite fancied a change myself but was put off a little as when I used to sell them they seemed to go out of shape quite quickly compared to moleskins unless the customers had washing issues.
Last edited by Shaun Harrison on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”