Corduroys and Boots

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Aitch
Pike

Re: Corduroys and Boots

Post by Aitch »

Brown boots..... I ask ya :Hat: :Hahaha:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Kingfisher
Catfish

Post by Kingfisher »

I love brown Cords, just the job to go with a nice Tattersall shirt and a tank top but we still won't look as dapper as Mal though. :Wink:

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

Aquaerial
Chub

Post by Aquaerial »

My kids (now grown up) give me so much stick about my various heavy cord trousers but as I have said to them they are not just trousers they are a lifestyle choice.
Can't beat them this time of year...so versatile and warm.
Aquaerial
But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Shaun Harrison wrote:
Mark wrote:I normally go for the green mole skin trousers but for a change I have just order myself two pairs of camel brown corduroys.

How about a several months down the line review Mark?

Sorry, just noticed they are no loner available.
Well after a six month trial Shaun I have to say that I prefer my mole skins and only bought two new pairs of mole skins at the weekend.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

Thanks Mark, I really appreciate that. Like I said I used to sell a few different types, Hardy, Barbour, Tamla and so on over the years but never actually tried any myself always preferring moleskin. It was an idle thought the other day that prompted the question after sitting in some pretty miserable weather with over trousers on I suddenly thought that cords would possibly be a little warmer in the same situation with the ribbed cord trapping a little more air.

I guess I had too much time to think.

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Shaun Harrison wrote:Thanks Mark, I really appreciate that. Like I said I used to sell a few different types, Hardy, Barbour, Tamla and so on over the years but never actually tried any myself always preferring moleskin. It was an idle thought the other day that prompted the question after sitting in some pretty miserable weather with over trousers on I suddenly thought that cords would possibly be a little warmer in the same situation with the ribbed cord trapping a little more air.

I guess I had too much time to think.
Forgot to say Shaun I even bought a mole skin cap for those windy days.

Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

LOL - I totally messed up last Sunday. Pulled up in a car park by the River Dove. Pulled the remaining layers of clothing on. Looked at a tweed cap, a fleece hat and my Tarp hat in the back of the Landy. Chose to use the Tarp hat because it was quite bright. Went on a long trudge down river and around some bends to be greeted with much stronger wind than I had noticed back in the carp park. I just couldn't keep my hat on!

Good job I had tied it securely to the hanging loop of my jacket. At one stage it was hovering a good 12" above my head. Guess it would have made an interesting picture. Suffice to say I was soon making the long trudge back to the car to change the head wear. I should leave one of my Tweed caps stuffed in the bag at all times I guess. But you know what it's like when you wish to travel light...

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”