i blame you lot

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Gord
Crucian Carp

i blame you lot

Post by Gord »

on last seasons tff trip to the itchen my wife picked me up and said dont they look smart in their tweed coats and caps (yes you know who you are) i had to agree so on this friday got home from work and a new tweed coat and cap had arrived after keeping on at me to get a nice coat like those on your fishing trip and as you can tell i gave in and bought one, now i wasnt sure about it but i tried it on and i must admit they are really nice and to tell the truth i didnt realise just how good they are so all of you who wore tweed on that day can stand up and take a bow and i thank you for giving my wife the idea that you can go fishing and look smart
when you are going through hell just keep on going (winston churchill)

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Re: i blame you lot

Post by AshbyCut »

Well done, That Man !!! ... and well done Mrs. Gord !!! :Hat:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Well done Gord :Thumb: it wasn't me anyway however I would like one too but I have opted for a cheap wax coat like a Barbour but not a Barbour was only £50 quid I'll get tweed when I'm older and can pull it off
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

The Old Buffer
Crucian Carp

Post by The Old Buffer »

Alas Gord, you have now stepped upon that slippery slope which will have you sliding towards fedora hats, waistcoats, moleskin trousers and pocket watches.
The coiled line travels from the reel, it brings up at last, the hook goes home, and then begins the test of skill. "BB"

Gord
Crucian Carp

Post by Gord »

Loop Erimder wrote:Well done Gord :Thumb: it wasn't me anyway however I would like one too but I have opted for a :Ha cheap wax coat like a Barbour but not a Barbour was only £50 quid I'll get tweed when I'm older and can pull it off
it was partly you loop as caps were mentioned so your not getting out of it that easy :Hahaha:

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

The Old Buffer wrote:Alas Gord, you have now stepped upon that slippery slope which will have you sliding towards fedora hats, waistcoats, moleskin trousers and pocket watches.
I hope you mean moleskin breeches, Sir !!! :Wink:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Gord wrote:
Loop Erimder wrote:Well done Gord :Thumb: it wasn't me anyway however I would like one too but I have opted for a :Ha cheap wax coat like a Barbour but not a Barbour was only £50 quid I'll get tweed when I'm older and can pull it off
it was partly you loop as caps were mentioned so your not getting out of it that easy :Hahaha:
Welllllllllll ok but I did have an upto date state of the art modern two piece trakker costume on too
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Gord
Crucian Carp

Post by Gord »

oh in that case all is forgiven, by the way i thought the same as you that i will get one when i am older and can carry it off well that day must of arrived :shocked:

Bjp
Chub

Post by Bjp »

what no pics of you in your new duds

regards

bjp :Hat:

Gord
Crucian Carp

Post by Gord »

i will get around to it but doing the house work so i can fish tomorrow at the moment

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”