Loake Shoes

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Robbi
Tench

Loake Shoes

Post by Robbi »

Traditional hand made English leather shoes.

I love Loake shoes :)

Does anyone else wear them ?

Or any other Traditional hand made shoe ?
"In the back roads by the rivers of my memory"

Harry H
Tench

Re: Loake Shoes

Post by Harry H »

Yep been wearing black Oxfords for years for work good quality at a reasonable price. :Hat:
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

I wear Loakes, they are a little pricey but superb quality. My son got married this weekend just gone and treated himself to a pair of brown brogues for the occasion...they are very nice indeed. I intend to get myself a nice pair of royals next...memories of my youth :eyebrow:

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

I have several pairs of Ducker & Sons of Oxford which are nearly 20 years old and going strong.
You can't beat a good, welted traditional brogue or Oxford shoe. There are expensive to buy but if looked after properly last a lifetime.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

I have been in a pair of Loakes all day today!
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Champ
Chub

Post by Champ »

Yes i have three pairs.They do last a very long time.Need to use the shoe horn with mine which is why i dont wear them so much these days.I tend to have wellingtons and hiking boots in the car to change into for walks and looking at swims etc.I have found it a chore to change footwear two or three times a trip.

I bought a pair of Aigle ankle boots in the spring and have found these very good for driving and around town and easy to change over.

If its a day just wearing one pair of shoes it would be Loakes!.I had a pair of Cheaneys many years ago but thats a different story.

By the way i had a look in the menders a couple of months a go.Goodness the price of a new sole and heel has gone up since i last had a pair done a few years ago. :shocked: .

Tinca Tinca
Grayling

Post by Tinca Tinca »

My goodyear welted boots are Churchs and Van Bommel.Looking at the prices of Loakes very interesting...
a good handmade shoe is worth every Penny in my opinion.What is more expensive?Every year a pair of
shoes for 50 pounds or a pair of 500 pounds that lasts 15 years like mine....

Rutland Rod
Arctic Char

Post by Rutland Rod »

My choice Robbi are Cheaney of Desborough who are in the same group as Church's of Northampton they have a very good factory shop in Desborough near Market Harborough/Kettering, I've had various styles off them and the average price in the factory shop was about £80 a couple of years ago compared to retail prices of £200 upwards, look them up on google. The guys in the shop are great. The problem is that you can end up buying an extra pair ! I find that quality shoes can become as addictive as 'cane and pin'

Tight lines and comfortable feet !

Dave

Fred Bonney
Perch

Post by Fred Bonney »

Loake's for me when I worked. I think my only pair of black shoes left are theirs!

The VFC
Brown Trout

Post by The VFC »

Used to be a big Loakes fan - and have also had Church's - but now only Herrings will do!
ATB
Jim

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”