Tilley titfa...

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Marc
Sea Trout

Tilley titfa...

Post by Marc »

Splashed out on a new Tilley (titfa tat) hat today in preparation for some charity walks I'm doing and the winter ahead...

Marc. (Prince of Durham)

“A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless'...”

Mark
Head Bailiff

Re: Tilley titfa...

Post by Mark »

Very nice.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

John Milford

Post by John Milford »

I like Tilley hats. Their tweed 'winter' hat with concealed, fold-down forehead and ear flaps is excellent and the summer weight hat equally so for warmer days.

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

Funnily enough I looked at a Tilley hat yesterday In Go Outdoors.... I would have bought one till I saw the price.... My good wife saw the price and grinned and asked if I wanted one, I thought about it and asked "how much" and she showed me the ticket........ I nearly fell through the floor....!!!!

Nice hat, but not £70's worth
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

MHC

Post by MHC »

Same tweed hat Tilley, $125 incl tax (66 pounds), where they are made in Canada.

John Milford

Post by John Milford »

They're not cheap admittedly, but the quality is superb and they come with a lifetime guarantee - which even covers being eaten by elephants (although one famously survived the 'passage' and was still wearable after a good wash!). :Hat:

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

John Milford wrote:They're not cheap admittedly, but the quality is superb and they come with a lifetime guarantee - which even covers being eaten by elephants (although one famously survived the 'passage' and was still wearable after a good wash!). :Hat:
I agree, I've had mine for about ten years and it still looks like new, yes there not cheap but they really are built to last. :Hat:

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”