Pin Badges

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Pin Badges

Post by Ljm183 »

What Pin badges do you have on your coat or hat ?

Here,s mine

CWK
Perch

Re: Pin Badges

Post by CWK »

I just love those Golly's !!!!. The PC brigade would have an apoplectic fit were they to see them...

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Here are mine, I too have the old ACA badge. The other two on my waistcoat are for the capture of Taimen over 1m 10cm and 1m 20cm respectively, which I am very proud of.

On my hat I have the TFF badge and a pair of fishes that I saw on eBay, watched for months, and in the end just bought them (because I liked them!). On the other side is my hat is the Angling Times badge, not so much because I am a fan nowadays, but because I had that when I was a kid and have worn it ever since.

Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Northern_Nomad
Arctic Char

Post by Northern_Nomad »

As well as MY TFF badge I also have this one.

It's the British Army OF the Rhine (BAOR) Angling Association

It's possibly quite rare in that probably not that many were made in the early 80's, it being a somewhat restricted Association, not open to all. I certainly have never seen another one less the year they came out. I could be wrong and now be innundated with "I've got one also" messages, which actually would be quite nice. :Thumb:

"We knelt side by side looking at it. I knew it was big, and suddenly it dawned on me it was more than that. It was tremendous!" - Richard Walker

Northern_Nomad
Arctic Char

Post by Northern_Nomad »

There's a good chance that we fished against each other in some of the matches :Hahaha:

I was posted there in 76 also and had some good days fishing on the Weser :Thumb:

After the Green Party won the election in the late 80's and brought out all the wierd and wonderful rules supposedly to help the environment but which were ill conceived ( if match fishing all fish had to be killed then weighed rather than use keep nets!) the Association moved all matches to Holland.

There was so much untapped fishing out there at the time it was unbelieveable :fish:
"We knelt side by side looking at it. I knew it was big, and suddenly it dawned on me it was more than that. It was tremendous!" - Richard Walker

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”