Norfolk Jacket

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

Re: Norfolk Jacket

Post by AshbyCut »

Bluelabel wrote: is it hereditary? or perchance they learn it from their mothers as part of the pre-marriage talk that all mothers give
I suspect it's a look of complete disapprobation at the fact that you are drinking good ale from a PLASTIC receptacle, Sir !!! Tut tut !!! :shocked:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

MHC

Post by MHC »

I am with John Cleese and have a penchant for N American ladies (OK though he did not have much luck with the two whom he married..) who are very different from English women in my experience. In my UK family anyway plus most families of my UK friends, the women seem to be a little more strident, and the fellows go along for a quiet life.

Women over here are more laid back and relaxed, and like an English accent.. :eyebrow:
Last edited by MHC on Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bobby Marlene
Arctic Char

Post by Bobby Marlene »

When a friend of mine bought another fly rod to complement his considerable collection his wife said "I always thought you could only fish with one rod at a time" and she had that... look. His answer was "yes, you´re right. But you can also only wear one pair of shoes at time".
Best, Bobby

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

AshbyCut wrote:
Bluelabel wrote: is it hereditary? or perchance they learn it from their mothers as part of the pre-marriage talk that all mothers give
I suspect it's a look of complete disapprobation at the fact that you are drinking good ale from a PLASTIC receptacle, Sir !!! Tut tut !!! :shocked:
I have to say that the choice was not mine Mal... they won't serve beer in glasses at sports grounds and Essex County Cricket Club is no exception.... it was particularly galling as the ale in question was Shepherd and Neame's Spitfire :Cry:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Woolly Bear
Chub

Post by Woolly Bear »

Bumble :Hat: just found this post and picture of your jacket , is it a Bladen , I must admit I do prefer the half Norfolk' myself . Nice jacket K R W B >

Marc
Sea Trout

Post by Marc »

Problem you'll have now is that ten to twenty others will be thinking "hmmmm, I'll have one of those". Good look though, AC. Very dapper.
Marc. (Prince of Durham)

“A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless'...”

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”