Norfolk Jacket

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
SharkBoy
Perch

Norfolk Jacket

Post by SharkBoy »

Hi guys attempting to morph into Chris Yates any have or know where to go to get a Yates type tweed jacket in 44 chest ? cheers

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Re: Norfolk Jacket

Post by AshbyCut »

I found mine by watching a certain web auction site ... and yes, it's a 44" ... but a bargain at £60 inc. delivery.

... or you could go the new route ... for example ...

http://www.oliverbrown.org.uk/tweed-nor ... wgodNaUAxg
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

OldTackle
Arctic Char

Post by OldTackle »

Got mine on the bay. The outer one. From time to time they come up there. Try Hunting jacket, shooting jacket, tweed jacket coupled with norfolk. I didn't had to search for long.

Chris
Foto 1-1.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
< °) >>><( Christopher )><<< (° >

Badger
Grayling

Post by Badger »

AshbyCut wrote:I found mine by watching a certain web auction site ... and yes, it's a 44" ... but a bargain at £60 inc. delivery.

Wonderful :Thumb:
"An undisturbed river is as perfect as we will ever know, every refractive slide of cold water a glimpse of eternity" - Thomas McGuane

Old Man Oakley
Roach

Post by Old Man Oakley »

Ashby Cut

What a gentleman!

I will now keep an eye out for you on the bank, given what reserves of tuck you seem to carry around, in the boot of the car.
I started off fishing on the Ashby canal as well, loved wandering along by Snarestone.

Have just bought a wonderful Norfolk from the web, there are a couple on there now, or try belted tweed jacket/coat or tweed shooting coat/jacket.

OMO
Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.

Hoppy-Doffton
Perch

Post by Hoppy-Doffton »

Badger wrote:
AshbyCut wrote:I found mine by watching a certain web auction site ... and yes, it's a 44" ... but a bargain at £60 inc. delivery.

Wonderful :Thumb:
Now that is what I call fishing in real style :Thumb:
To enjoy our sport as it should be enjoyed, our surroundings must be beautiful, for your true angler enjoys nature as much as he enjoys fishing. "BB"

OldTackle
Arctic Char

Post by OldTackle »

That must be an Austin Healey, Sir. And the picture could be one of an old Hardy's catalogue. Shopping away the modern PET plastic bottle first, that is.
:Hahaha:

Christopher
< °) >>><( Christopher )><<< (° >

Old Man Oakley
Roach

Post by Old Man Oakley »

Hopefully a couple of pictures attached showing off my new Norfolk coat, bought to celebrate my 40th whilst fishing on the banks of the Windrush at Burford.
Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.

Old Man Oakley
Roach

Post by Old Man Oakley »

Given that I use a computer everyday at work, as soon as I start thinking of cane rods, tweed and rivers, I seem to revert to being a complete turnip.
Pictures now attached.

Bumble
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bumble »

Found mine on fleebay as well
Bumble

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”