Posh Welly Advice!

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
WoodBurnerMatt
Rudd

Posh Welly Advice!

Post by WoodBurnerMatt »

Good Afternoon Gentlemen,

My beloved Le Chameau wellies (18 yrs old?) have finally gone to the great wet field in the sky and I need a replacement pair. I think they were about £60 back then, so I guess what I am saying is I am not afraid to "invest" in a really good pair again.
I would be most grateful for any suggestions chaps (traditional colour/style would be a bonus!)

Thank you

WoodburnerMatt

Olly
Wild Carp

Re: Posh Welly Advice!

Post by Olly »

I have had a pair of neoprene lined Le Chameau for about 10 yeas - and would not swap!

As above.

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

I have worn these for the past 11 years - on my second pair now. Can't fault them at all apart from the price tag https://www.outdoorandcountry.co.uk/men ... html?Green At £340.00 for a pair of wellies I find it quite ridiculous but being one who could never bear to wear wellies or waders for long I now have a pair I can wear in total comfort all day without suffering clammy feet.
Yet another item I would replace immediately should anything happen to the current pair. The problem with having the best money can buy in anything, is that it is very difficult to take a step backwards once you have realised the comfort of the best. I still think they are ridiculous money though. I have brought cheaper cars than what I paid for my wellies and there was a lot more rubber in their tyres!

OldTackle
Arctic Char

Post by OldTackle »

I just purchase another pair of le Chameau's a month ago roughly Matt. I like the Chameaus more than the Aigle. My Aigle's have a very rough produced inner sole and I couldn't imagine to walk with them all day. Whatsoever they are waders so back to the Chameaus. I own the regular Vierzon with the limaille bottom and they are therefore quite heavy. They got an additional rubber inlay at the heel which tends to make these squeaking noise when walking. So my last purchase and best of all (also cheapest) was to get the leChameau Anjou. Regular rubber sole. They are just lovely! Just as good as the pair I got stolen in front of my flat's door which were named Poitou which are not produced anymore. So, yes, my recommendation is the LeChameau Anjou! You won't feel them over a day of long river walking.
Forgot to mention: I got them for a ridiculous price of around 30 pounds off Amazon. So there was no way to pass them. I even acquired a pair for my misses. She loves them!
< °) >>><( Christopher )><<< (° >

DWW
Grayling

Post by DWW »

I went through all types of boots for years until I discovered " Aigles" . I have now had a pair of the neoprene lined ones for about 5 years . They are great ! Cost a fortune mind you but worth every penny . Comfortable for the long walks I do while river fishing and warm in winter when Pike fishing ( have worn them with warm feet to -8 so far !) . I also own some polar type boots for extreme weather , but have not had to wear them since buying the Aigles . The zips up the side don't like sea water however so beware if like me you dabble in a spot of Mullet fishing in an estuary type environment . ( The zips corrode when exposed to sea water and need some TLC with clean water and wd40 !) The only criticism is that they can get a bit warm in summer !

Scott
Tench

Post by Scott »

Word of warning with Le Chameau. I had a pair of ChasseurNord (full zip neoprene lined) they lasted 6 years of constant abuse, so when they gave up I didn't hesitate in replacing them. First pair leaked, left boot bottom of zip, took them back, got a new pair, they leaked, same place, took those back, got a new pair, they lasted 4 months then low and behold.... I was furious and refused a 4th pair and went with the gusset VizerNord as without the zip they can't leak in that spot. These have been acceptable but not as comfortable as my last pair.

Thing is that unless you actually wade in them you will never know if they leak or not, there must be loads of these boots out there leaking that their owners don't know about...

I'm still furious!

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Not had a problem with mine - I would never trust a zip underwater though!

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

Le Chameau wellies are probably very good, but at £340 a pair they really are beyond what many people could ever afford, or would ever even think about spending on Wellingtons.
At approximately 20 times the price of a decent pair of wellingtons, or 10 times the price of very good quality made wellingtons I find it hard to believe anyone justifies it other than because its the equivalent of buying a top designer label in other clothes. Yes, they do obviously last a long time, but so do many cheap pairs of wellingtons.
I think you have to accept they are absurdly expensive.
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

OldTackle
Arctic Char

Post by OldTackle »

Hello? I bought my LeChameau Anjou's for 30 pounds...You can't beat that for their value!
< °) >>><( Christopher )><<< (° >

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

OldTackle wrote:Hello? I bought my LeChameau Anjou's for 30 pounds...You can't beat that for their value!
Apologies, that is definitely superb value.
I had just looked at the link that Shaun posted , without realising there was a wide variation in the price of different styles of Le Chameau wellies.
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”