Lucky hats

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Match Aerial
Arctic Char

Lucky hats

Post by Match Aerial »

I have a lucky hat that I have been wearing for about the last 10yrs its nothing special, just a tweet flat cap my wife bought me . I try not to go fishing (match fishing) without it
Does anyone else have a lucky hat ?

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Re: Lucky hats

Post by Loop Erimder »

I have hats I wouldn't say they are lucky though......lucky pants though.......
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

I have too many hats to list ... and what makes them lucky for me is that whichever one I wear whilst angling it always has my TFF badge adorning it !
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

GoldCrest

Post by GoldCrest »

I have no hair - but therefor many hats :Chuckle: ,but no one is luckier then the others.

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

Mine appears in this thread a fair few times...

http://www.traditionalfisherman.co.uk/v ... t&start=50

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

My new floppy bush hat has been lucky for me this year. Pb carp from crownfield while wearing it. Tweed flat cap will be coming out from now though.

GregF
Crucian Carp

Post by GregF »

Mine's not dissimilar to this one posted by Shaun some time ago:

Spot the difference:

:Cool: :Hahaha:
"Give up haste and ambition, close your mouth, only then will you comprehend the spirit of Tao" - Lao Tze

Wagtail
Arctic Char

Post by Wagtail »

As yet I don't have a lucky hat for traditional fishing, but do have a lucky 'Muskies Canada' baseball cap that I wear when pike fishing on the trout reservoirs. I regularly used to fish a certain reservoir with little success, but the first time I wore it back in the UK I caught a twenty one pounder from there, and was recently wearing it for the capture of a nice 27 pounder too :Sun:
'The Chub is a very controversial fish. He has a strong army of supporters, but he has an almost equally strong army of detractors. The trouble is that the detractors do not know what they are talking about'. L. Vernon-Bates

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”