How old is your hat

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Mick
Chub

Re: How old is your hat

Post by Mick »

Being a Bucks boy, I had to have an Olney waterproof hat. Had it about 20 years now and it still does the job!

Stathamender
Tench

Post by Stathamender »

Iain

What is your favourite word?
I suspect it could be “love”, despite its drawbacks in the rhyming department.
Björn Ulvaeus

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

I've got a few hats. The expensive Australian Snowy River ones, bought secondhand on ebay where they are a tenth of the new price are probably fairly new....

My oldest hat is a camouflage cloth Cobden 'beanie' that has Empire Made on the label....at a guess it's as old as me....Fifties or Sixties maybe??

Beryl

Post by Beryl »

My dad died twenty years ago. Despite being adopted we shared the same hat size. I shares hair time with a flat cap of his that has a button, that after release, can look a little gay. My other is a Toggi. A bit Swiss with the feathers. It's practical with an all round rim. With my full beard I can look a bit shaker-ish for English streams.
One was inherited and the other was seven quid posted so I can live with that...

Have taken some photos but Photobucket is getting useless. Uploaded one of the three photos then I get ads for Russian babes. It doesn't do landscape on the iPad either. Shame, I've a lot of archive on there.
Last edited by Beryl on Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris Bettis
Crucian Carp

Post by Chris Bettis »

No idea how old they are, I am a sucker for hats and caps and have loads of them collected over many years. Which do I wear? The first to come to hand when I am rushing out of the door going fishing. I do not have a favourite, all I ask that it keeps my head dry and the sun out of my eyes.

Beryl

Post by Beryl »

We often take the dog for walkies in gale to storm force winds? You have to suspend tradition and wear something like a beanie or extra strong hairspray....

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

I probably have the youngest hat. Here is my Christmas present from Jessica.

SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

The Sweetcorn Kid wrote:I probably have the youngest hat. Here is my Christmas present from Jessica.
Obviously a Young Lady of discerning taste !!! But then ... what else would one expect from the Junior Section of the TFF ??? :Hat:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

I used to love my flapped deerstalker, still got it. Perhaps it is time to give it another outing or two. I think it only made it out a couple of times last year to fend off ear biting winds.

I removed the stiffener from the rear peak on mine, originally so the extra high collar on a Musto Highland jacket didn't keep nudging it off, but also has the advantage that you can pull a hood up too in real foul weather.

Tinca Tinca
Grayling

Post by Tinca Tinca »

Got my light felt hat and my deerstalker odd 20 years ago,both at a fishing trip to river Spey..

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”