Comfortable, waterproof, warm, walking / fishing boots.

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
MGs
Pike

Re: Comfortable, waterproof, warm, walking / fishing boots.

Post by MGs »

I have a pair of Hi Tec's. I bought them after my first pair wore out. The first boots were great, lasted ages and were warm and waterproof. The new ones are far from waterproof. After only a few times wearing them my feet started getting wet, despite the label saying waterproof and Goretex. Which is why I went for the army boots.
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Aquaerial
Chub

Post by Aquaerial »

Leigh wrote:MD well done on loosing the weight, I'm sure you feel better for it. I second MGs comment, maybe look at getting a British Army boot.

Currently I am using boots from HAIX,BATES & ALTBERG which are my personal favourite plus I use 1000 mile socks.
Boots.jpg
What are you using them for Leigh- Shopping? The War Minister and I must have 8 pairs all in need of a clean when you have a mo :Hahaha:
Aquaerial
But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

For what it's worth I have been using these as my main boot now for over 12 months. I came down in price a fair bit to what I had worn for many years but don't appear to have come down in quality. They have been very good and still keeping the water out and I admit to totally abusing my boots, I don't think they have ever been cleaned.

You can generally find them on the Bay etc cheaper than from the supplier. http://www.jackpykeshop.co.uk/fieldman- ... boots.html

I own longer/higher boots but find the shorter styles more comfortable for myself. There is a longer version of the boot I mention but I never tried these. I'm not a lover of long socks (or any socks for that matter) and find I have to wear long socks with the taller boots to stop them catching/irritating me.

Then again, I have had a cushy life pushing a pen around a desk. Perhaps I needed some tough military training.

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

I have just recently bought a pair of skee tex field boots and are amazingly warm..... three days fishing since Sunday and me toes were lovely and warm...... my mate was complaining of freezing feet on Monday (the coldest day) ....... I almost took the boots and socks off to dip in the lake to cool them down a bit .....
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

Merell Mohab boots......wear them all day every day....tough as you like but lovely and comfortable and stylish enough for the pub after a day at the farm or the riverbank.
Very well done on your weight loss....I've gained half a stone since quitting the fags, don't feel any better......and wonder why I bothered giving up something I enjoyed.....still the bank balance is looking healthier even if I'm not!
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

Leigh wrote:
I have even more variations Aquaerial all used for protecting the nations interests, we have come along way from being issued hob nail boots
These are what I was issued when I joined. I wouldn't recommend them for anything. I had mine until the day I left (re-soled and re-heeled a couple of times)

Chevin
Brown Trout

Post by Chevin »

Be a bit wary of buying the old issued combat high.... Loads were made in the far east and the soles disintegrate after a short while.
"A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance"

H.T. Sheringham

Woodytia
Crucian Carp

Post by Woodytia »

It may be worth looking at what Screwfix have to offer, I was in the shop near me last Sunday, they have a good selection of styles some of which look to good quality.

Northern Eel
Chub

Post by Northern Eel »

Like Dave says, go outdoors are worth a visit (I get 15% scout leader discount, so I'm probably a bit biased!) :whistle:

I'm on my 2nd pair of these

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/berghaus-hi ... ts-p326215

They used to be made by/branded as Brasher but they merged with berghaus or something, I wore my first pair out over 4 years, I walked them to death!
Fishing, walking they always remained comfortable and dry even when I fell in capesthorne hall main lake up to my ankles, I just walked out dry as a bone.
When they finally gave up (mainly due to my lack of maintenance) I bought another pair.
They might be slightly out of your budget but I can't recommend them enough.

Good look with the weight loss you have done very well, I lost 5 stone in 2007, mainly by walking so keep up the good work, it's well worth it.

:Hat:
"Chasing frothy bubbles while the world is full of troubles"

"Simple pleasures maybe, but very real ones, which seem all the more precious in these restless modern days."

'BB' Denys Watkins-Pitchford

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

Chevin wrote:Be a bit wary of buying the old issued combat high.... Loads were made in the far east and the soles disintegrate after a short while.
The more recent versions are a lot better quality, titled Extreme Cold Weather or Cold Weather, depending on the amount of insulation. Much better and longer lasting than the old combat boots. I've abused mine a fair bit and they are still in good nick.

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”