Comfortable, waterproof, warm, walking / fishing boots.

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
MaggotDrowner
Zander

Comfortable, waterproof, warm, walking / fishing boots.

Post by MaggotDrowner »

Over the summer, as part of my goal to loose some weight, I have taken up walking again. I've lost 2st and 4lb so far! :Sun:

At the moment I am walking in just a regular pair of trainers. That was fine over the milder and dryer months as they were lovely and comfortable and I got no blisters! However, with all this wet stuff suddenly falling from the sky, I am in need of something waterproof for my feet. There's nothing worse than walking with wet feet!!! I'll probably also use them while fishing. I already have a pair of lined wellies for fishing, but they are useless for walking in.

I'm not looking to spend a fortune. Around £50 or £60 would be ideal. Any recommendations?

P.S Sorry about not being online as much lately.
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

LuckyLuca
Barbel

Re: Comfortable, waterproof, warm, walking / fishing boots.

Post by LuckyLuca »

Good to have you back MD!

I wear Timberland boots at the mo. They fit the bill.
I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Two stone four pounds? Strewth Jack, that's fantastic! Well done mate :Ok:

I use these for most of my fishing

http://www.milletsports.co.uk/more-spor ... oCUDLw_wcB

Although I found a pair of fleece lined field boots in the back of my cupboard the other day and they are toasty on a cold day.

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Well done on your loss MD, as for boots you really need to try some on before deciding, everyone feet and way of walking differs, I wear some cheap (£30.)work boots from screwfix and find them all day comfortable, friend bought the exact same boots and they nearly crippled him. :Hat:

MaggotDrowner
Zander

Post by MaggotDrowner »

Thanks, LL. I did think Timberland too. I have a Timberland jacket, that is really good but they are a little on the expensive side.

Thanks, Dave. There is 13.7% less of me now, than there was on the wild carp trip this summer! The only thing that puts me off those boots you linked to is it says they are for light hiking, whatever that means and I think i'd be doing quite a lot of walking in them. I'd love to do the Sandstone trail next year, which is 34 miles. But then I have been saying that for years.

That's a good point, Paul. The best way is to go to a shop and try them on I guess. But ideas are always good. I know nothing about walking boots and which brands are good and bad and best prices etc!
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Price/brand etc don't always matter as long as you find them comfortable hence my cheap jobs. :Hat:

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

I am just coming in to my second winter with my boots. I have British Army Goretex Cold Weather B oots. Nice and comfortable, warm too. Even in the depths of winter I have only needed thin socks. They will be well within budget if you shop around. I paid 35 quid for mine, from a surplus stall in our local market. Brand new and unworn. Happy hunting.
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

These are the ones I have
Last edited by MGs on Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Its a personal choice Jack. I prefer a lower boot than the military style especially when fishing. The Hi Tec ones have a good sole that lasts well if that helps.

Have you got a Go Outdoors near you? They have a wide selection and you can try them on and walk over their little bridge to see how they fit.

MaggotDrowner
Zander

Post by MaggotDrowner »

Dave Burr wrote:Its a personal choice Jack. I prefer a lower boot than the military style especially when fishing. The Hi Tec ones have a good sole that lasts well if that helps.

Have you got a Go Outdoors near you? They have a wide selection and you can try them on and walk over their little bridge to see how they fit.
There is one near me but it means being brave and facing Warrington and their massive, scary roundabouts! :Chuckle:
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”