Hoggs of Fife

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Paul D

Hoggs of Fife

Post by Paul D »

my good lady bought me this for our upcoming wedding anniversary, Hogg of Fife field pro, lovely quality and hopefully will last me a lifetime.

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Re: Hoggs of Fife

Post by Shaun Harrison »

It looks a very similar style to one I have had for just short of 15 years now and that included almost daily winter wear during my shop years.
It should last you a long while.

Similarly I used to really like the Hoggs Moleskin jeans, they lasted me for ages. Again daily wear, not just for dressing the part at week-ends. I found the jean style the comfiest out of the many different moleskin trousers I wore.

Kingfisher
Catfish

Post by Kingfisher »

Superb quality from Hoggs of fife, I buy their shirts from the farmers supplies down the road here.

I like the fish photos on your wall, are they your personal bests?

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

Scott
Tench

Post by Scott »

Suit you sir! Looks quality... ..thought there may have been some of your paintings on the wall?

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

I have been using their trousers for some years - takes about 5 years of constant fishing use before they become threadbare -- and then give up. Always a good investment as one of the few almost thorn-proof garments not costing a fortune.

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Kingfisher wrote:Superb quality from Hoggs of fife, I buy their shirts from the farmers supplies down the road here.

We got it from a farm supplie place as well, photos are my pb Barbel, my sons pb Barbel, a 12lb carp caught from a fast moving river and my pb river carp.
Scott wrote:Suit you sir! Looks quality... ..thought there may have been some of your paintings on the wall?
Got a couple up :Hat:

Kingfisher
Catfish

Post by Kingfisher »

Paul D wrote:
Kingfisher wrote:Superb quality from Hoggs of fife, I buy their shirts from the farmers supplies down the road here.

We got it from a farm supplie place as well, photos are my pb Barbel, my sons pb Barbel, a 12lb carp caught from a fast moving river and my pb river carp.
Scott wrote:Suit you sir! Looks quality... ..thought there may have been some of your paintings on the wall?
Got a couple up :Hat:

That's lovely to have photos of your PB's up Paul. I got my Dad's biggest carp put onto a canvas and gave it to him for Christmas this year....he put it up in his toilet :shocked: . I asked him why he'd put it in there and he said "Well I don't want to stare at my ugly mug all day and I don't want other people gorping at it either". :oops: I really thought he would be chuffed to bits with it. :Confused:

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”