what waistcoat?

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
OldTackle
Arctic Char

Re: what waistcoat?

Post by OldTackle »

N9nty wrote:I wear my fly fishing waistcoat, it's a Shakespeare model and has a built in inflatable lifejacket. I find that for roving fishing I can get everything I need in the pockets.

John
May I ask if one can still buy that one? And could you please post a picture? :Hat:
< °) >>><( Christopher )><<< (° >

N9nty
Roach

Post by N9nty »

I bought it in the mid 1980's and I don't know if you still buy the same model but you must be able to buy something similar. At the time it seemed expensive but has paid for itself many times over. As well as being extremely useful with its numerous pockets it gives a sense of security when coarse fishing any river or lake from the bank and is a must when fly fishing a large scottish loch from a boat or wading. If you ended up in the water either from falling in or a boat accident you would have no chance of rescue or reaching safety. All of my coarse fishing is done on rivers or lakes on my own, often on rivers with very steep banks so I need all the help I can get.
I have never posted a picture on the forum but if you send me your email address I will gladly send you some pictures.
I see that you are in Germany, I buy most of my fly fishing and 'country' style clothing from John Norris of Penrith and I imaging he they would be able to supply something similar if you are unable to source one in Germany. Should you have any problems let me know and I will try and help.

Best regards,

John
The older I get the better I was.

Sussex Dave
Gudgeon

Post by Sussex Dave »

Well, i just bought a classic barbour international of ebay, that should do...i hope

Scott
Tench

Post by Scott »

Sussex Dave wrote:Well, i just bought a classic barbour international of ebay, that should do...i hope
Good choice sir. I fancied one of those myself but seem a little long for wading... :Hat:

Match Aerial
Arctic Char

Post by Match Aerial »

There was a john Wilson size large on ebay a few days ago. Nothing to do with me but looks ok

Sussex Dave
Gudgeon

Post by Sussex Dave »

I'd like one of the john wilson ones but im an xl so decided on the barbour. I wont be waiding in it so should be ok..

Regular_Caster
Gudgeon

Post by Regular_Caster »

I have just taken a punt on a Masterline Waistcoat, for a very reasonable cost, still with tags. I am not sure if it's the John Wilson model (the lighter non cord one), but it looks to be just what I was after potentially. It was worth finding out for the low cost I paid!

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”