Recommended Warm Winter Woolie

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Vole
Rainbow Trout

Re: Recommended Warm Winter Woolie

Post by Vole »

"a Watney's Party Seven " now that takes me back !!"
Me too - to somewhere I'd rather not go!
"Write drunk, edit sober" - Hemingway.
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

Unfortunately I remember the Party 7 and it's bigger brother the Party King and it's smaller sibling the Party 4... Watney's beer was never very good although Double Diamond was vaguely drinkable but you couldn't get drunk on it.... I'm now the holder of a budding Party 4 due in part to a predilection for biscuits and real ale ... except my good lady now refers to it as a "Veranda Over My Toyshop"

As to the Jumpers, I have taken to wearing Berghaus fleeces as they are lightweight and very warm, NorthFace do some nice ones in "Go-Outdoors" very cheaply indeed :Thumb: :Hat:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Harry wrote:Unfortunately I remember the Party 7 and it's bigger brother the Party King and it's smaller sibling the Party 4... Watney's beer was never very good although Double Diamond was vaguely drinkable but you couldn't get drunk on it.... I'm now the holder of a budding Party 4 due in part to a predilection for biscuits and real ale ... except my good lady now refers to it as a "Veranda Over My Toyshop"

As to the Jumpers, I have taken to wearing Berghaus fleeces as they are lightweight and very warm, NorthFace do some nice ones in "Go-Outdoors" very cheaply indeed :Thumb: :Hat:
Veranda over the toyshop. :laugh: . Brilliant :laugh:

Wal.

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

Harry wrote:Unfortunately I remember the Party 7 and it's bigger brother the Party King and it's smaller sibling the Party 4... Watney's beer was never very good although Double Diamond was vaguely drinkable but you couldn't get drunk on it.... :Hat:
You know what they said about Watneys beers... Don't take the p*** (extract the urine) out of it, cos all you'll be left with is water!

Rutland Rod
Arctic Char

Post by Rutland Rod »

Like AC I have no links with 'Woolovers' but my wife and I have had a fair number of assorted woollens and all have been good, they all come up big in size and their ads tell you this. On the beer......when I was an apprentice engraver in south London in the late 60's my journeymen took me down the pub each Friday lunchtime and bought me 3 pints (sometimes more) of Courages Directors bitter, my head swam..... but when I went out with my mates the watneys/double diamond weak fizzy beer was what most people drunk and I could cope with numerous pints without too much trouble, can't remember exactly when the rubbish beers started to lose favour ? but they just disappeared but as this topic shows well remembered !
Tight linesDave

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”