Grandad Snape

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Haydn Clarke

Re: Grandad Snape

Post by Haydn Clarke »

AshbyCut wrote:Perhaps tweeds, tie, and no helmet were de rigeur at the time ! I love the touch of the kerchief, perfectly placed, on both gentlemen.

And up untill more recent times too. The picture in this link almost looks like it's taken from the other side.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2009/se ... ion-trewin

There is a huge following for the traditional in motor sport: Goodwood Festival Of Speed being the most notable exception. I used to go every year with a good mate of mine to the Coys Historic festival at Silverstone. Even amatuers racing C-types and pre-war Astons makes for far better viewing than modern day F1.

Mind you, them old cars are death traps. And if you had a less than fatal accident the outcome could be almost just as bad. Can't for the life of me remember which car it was that they used to call the Widow-Maker, on account of its habbit of the gearbox (the tunel from which ran directly between the drivers thighs to rear axle) exploding and pretty much taking the unfotunate drivers gentleman vegetables with it.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

hermes wrote:Such a distinguished gentleman angler Snape.
Conclusive proof of genetic theory. :wink:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

The VFC
Brown Trout

Post by The VFC »

I feel a "nature vs nurture" argument coming on...

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

The VFC wrote:I feel a "nature vs nurture" argument coming on...
Nothing to do with me ... (where's the emoticon with the halo when you need one ???)
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

AshbyCut wrote:
The VFC wrote:I feel a "nature vs nurture" argument coming on...
Nothing to do with me ... (where's the emoticon with the halo when you need one ???)

SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

a couple more which seem to be at the same time - odd rod and reel setup on the second photo?

“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”